Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I'd like to replace the sign on my toolbox. (Pics!)(Gas mileage)

Old 04-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Moving4ward is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Moving4ward's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to replace the sign on my toolbox. (Pics!)(Gas mileage)

Long time creeper, first time poster.

I'd really like to de-badge the toolbox on my truck, and replace it with a custom one. Anyone here have any input????

Here's my taco, Frijoles Negros:

And here's a chart I've been keeping since installing the toolbox, to track my gas mileage... look at those numbers!!

Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #2

Hmm, nothin guys?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have access to a machine, or other device that can carve aluminum?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Do you have access to a machine, or other device that can carve aluminum?
No, i was hoping to find a guy on here that i could pay to fabricate and ship one
Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving4ward View Post
No, i was hoping to find a guy on here that i could pay to fabricate and ship one
Im sure you can find someone. Give them the dimensions of the existing one, and design a new one, plus a couple other options, and see what pops up. Sounds like a good idea.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
PM TW member Coupe, he makes some cool stuff with plexi that might cover that or replace it. He's selling some fuse panel covers now so you can see what the stuff he makes looks like.

Also, JLee (owns BAMF - Bay Area Metal Fabrication) might be able to make something for you.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the 2.7 was suppose to get better mpg.... i was getting 19 before my tires...
Old 04-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
You can go to a trophy shop and have them engrave you something.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
I thought the 2.7 was suppose to get better mpg.... i was getting 19 before my tires...
I bet the toolbox is giving a fair mileage hit. Messes up the bed bubble, or so the hypothesis would go. If not, then the 4.0 is saving me a few pennies
Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
fuelly.com to track mileage...
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Surprisingly, according to Toyota's site, the EPA numbers for both the 2.7L manual & automatic 4x4 access cabs are only 18/20. They're 16/21 for the automatic V6.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Surprisingly, according to Toyota's site, the EPA numbers for both the 2.7L manual & automatic 4x4 access cabs are only 18/20. They're 16/21 for the automatic V6.
Might aswell get the v6
Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Might aswell get the v6
x2, I didn't realize the OP's numbers were for a 4 banger. I'm getting similar numbers with my DCSB V6.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
PM TW member Coupe, he makes some cool stuff with plexi that might cover that or replace it. He's selling some fuse panel covers now so you can see what the stuff he makes looks like.

Also, JLee (owns BAMF - Bay Area Metal Fabrication) might be able to make something for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes58 View Post
You can go to a trophy shop and have them engrave you something.
Great suggestions guys, thanks, i appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
^This. I was getting about 22 before the toolbox, which i thought was AWESOME since it's significantly ABOVE the EPA rating, which never seems to be the case lol
Quote:
Might aswell get the v6
Eh assuming you have the extra 5 grand or so

--

Reps to all who've helped, feel free to PM me or post up here if you have any other ideas!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #15
DJBRocks757 is on a distinguished road
Name: DJ
DJBRocks757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving4ward View Post
Hmm, nothin guys?
Dd you ever follow through with this? I've recently picked up a delta pro toolbox, black, but the tag is yellowed. I'd love to replace it. Maybe ever just a quick coat of flat black to get rid of the yellow.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #16
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery