Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

front bumper please help 2012 taco

Old 04-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
dannios20 is on a distinguished road
Name: danny
dannios20's Tacoma Gallery
front bumper build 2012

thanks for the support the build is going great! i made one out of plywood and it fit like a dream i will be posting pics of the actual steel build soon i want to make sure everything is perfict! if you guys have any ideas of cool add ons let me know i will try to figuer it out. so far i had thaught of putting a removeable plate for the winch that would go on the reciving end of a tow hitch.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannios20 View Post
hello, i have a fabricator set up already and i have the rite ideas and everything els BUT the specs i am going to try and build my own front bumper but i dont know anyone that has a metal front bumper and ive only seen one from a far on the road if someone can please give me some help in maybe getting sum close up pics or the best case would be some mesuerments or if someone has something like this..[IMG]/Users/danielsantiago/Desktop/Bumper_Layout_ramfront.jpg[/IMG]

Here you go. Welcome to Tacoma World

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...brication.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html

This should give you some good idea on how to make yours.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
AnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura about

AnotherSilverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That looks cool, but what's up with the narrow slot for the winch fairlead? I think the standard is 10". And if you are putting a winch, you need a couple of access holes to activat the clutch and so forth.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSilverTaco View Post
That looks cool, but what's up with the narrow slot for the winch fairlead? I think the standard is 10". And if you are putting a winch, you need a couple of access holes to activat the clutch and so forth.
well that photo is off an old dodge ram i found online it was just to show if maybe someone had some kind of diagram like that but for our trucks.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
Check out relentless fabrications, i just saw the thread today for a 2012 bumper. Much anticipated!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
wellllll i looked at there websight but i havent seen anyone that has messuerments like i need its getting to the point that i might have to wing it and do it little by little till its perfict
Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
bump any mesuerments???
Old 04-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
most fabricators like relentless who fab bumpers like this and sell them as a business probably aren't just going to hand over that which they have spent countless hours to design and sell.

your best bet is to either buy one from them, find someone that did their own custom bumper and see if they are willing to share their work, or just do one up yourself and make it completely custom... i just bought one from elite. lots of options out there if you decide to buy, endless options if you decide to build yourself

good luck and post pics of what you decide on
Old 04-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
thanks for the opinion i will be posting pic but i wasent planing on getting messuerments from the company them self but i was hoping like someone like you the owns a bumper can just give me some basic messuerments like the length of the front peaces or the angels...
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing it finished!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
thanks for the support guys! honestly i just made a prototype out of thin plywood and its looking really good im taking it to the shop sometime next week and im going to be thinking of any add ons i can put on to it even though i dont want to add a ton of little things my main concern is to make it as strong and durable as possible.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
thanks for the support the build is going great! i made one out of plywood and it fit like a dream i will be posting pics of the actual steel build soon i want to make sure everything is perfict! if you guys have any ideas of cool add ons let me know i will try to figuer it out. so far i had thaught of putting a removeable plate for the winch that would go on the reciving end of a tow hitch.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
bump
Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
damnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Elect Tech (Retired)
Name: Gene
damnfingers's Tacoma Gallery
Okay...20 days...whats new?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
im just waiting to see if anyone can provide some simple mesuerments but i have the steel and is drawn up already i just dont want to cut it out and hav it go to waste.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #16
damnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the sheddamnfingers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Elect Tech (Retired)
Name: Gene
damnfingers's Tacoma Gallery
I thought you said you had a plywood one that fit perfectly? Can't you transfer the measurements to the metal?