1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new to forum

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toyo2, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apr 22, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    toyo2

toyo2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi guys I'm new to this site, nice site by the way , i need some advice i think I'm in a bad spot i have a 2011 ram 2500 gaser crew cab with very low milage ,I'm thinking of trading in for a 2009 tacoma sr5 double cab low miles also , the reason i bought the ram was well pretty much liked it , i only pull 2 atv on a steel trailer for hunting ,but as we all know gas is going up all the time and now I'm starting to think i made a bad decision , anyway thats on me , what could you guys tell me about tacomas gas mileage, power ,problems , i know I'm gonna take a bath on my end but i need to find out if its worth it any advice would be great thanks .

2. Apr 22, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TW!

If you get the V6 you will have lots of power to haul what you need but if your looking for great mileage you won't get it... I'm not sure what kind of mileage you are getting now, post up some numbers if you got them.

3. Apr 22, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    Welcome to TW from Fort Irwin, CA :wave:

The sad news is that for the price of what you will pay for an 09 or newer you can get a full size truck with comparable fuel consumption. You could save some $$$ if you looked at 05-07 4x4 4 cylinder's. They'll haul your bikes, quads, fire wood, and nic nacs...just at a slower speed than the V6 and MAYBE 2-4 MPG better. Trade of is you'll pay way less for the 4 banger and can use the extra money to buy a URD Supercharger :wink:

Products Discussed in

To Top