Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

255/85r16 KM2's - Will They Fit?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
255/85r16 KM2's - Will They Fit?

Not much information on these tires, I think I might would like to try a set but have two questions:

1) Will they fit on the stock OR rims w/o backspacers and not have rubbing issues w/ a mild lift (1.6" front, 1" back)?

2) Will a spare tire fit under the bed in the factory spare location? Alteration required?

Thanks,

David
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Not much info? There's a huge thread on this exact size in the wheels & tires section.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Not much info? There's a huge thread on this exact size in the wheels & tires section.
Thanks, read the thread, didn't see my specific questions addressed. If I missed it please show where. Seemed like 98% of that thread was bantering back in forth about whether they were as good, better or worse than other tire sizes offered.

David
Old 04-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure about #1, maybe with minimal trimming, you can on OZ-T I think he runs those, #2 it shouldn't been too hard to figure out, they are 33" diameter, take a tape measure to it.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I'm not sure about #1, maybe with minimal trimming, you can on OZ-T I think he runs those, #2 it shouldn't been too hard to figure out, they are 33" diameter, take a tape measure to it.
See here's the issue - I'm looking to find out if anyone had actually done it already. I'll check and see if OZ-T has his tire size listed on a build thread - I seem to remember that he has a little more lift than what I'm wanting and is actually running a different tire size, but I could be mistaken.

I saw the comments that it will work with a mild lift with no trimming, but peoples opinions of mild lift differ - that's why I specified what I want to run with the tires, hoping someone with first hand experience can tell me what they experienced.

As far measuring underneath, that's a fine theory but the fact is that measured tire heights are often off significantly over calculated tire heights. Some comments indicated that new KM2's were close to 34". Looking under the truck it doesn't look like 34" tires will fit, 33's will be close depending on where they measure. So once again, I was hoping that maybe someone with first hand experience could comment.

David
Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
rims will be fine

they won't fit without trimming.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
rims will be fine

they won't fit without trimming.
OK, thanks!

David
Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
FYI I ran this size in the cooper S/T on my first gen, the rubbing wasn't horrible after some trimming on about 2" of lift. I imagine second gens would be similar.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
treaddy is on a distinguished road

treaddy's Tacoma Gallery
i just put on a set of cooper st 255/85r16's
though my lift is about 3", running stock trd rims,
i have minimal rub, so far, of course as you flex, and cycle the suspension,
there will be more rubbing off road, but really no rub on the street.

once again, search around, while researching my choice, i did read a few guys running your spec's with beg 255's

cheers255/85r16 KM2's - Will They Fit?-new-shoes.jpg
Old 04-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaddy View Post
i just put on a set of cooper st 255/85r16's
though my lift is about 3", running stock trd rims,
i have minimal rub, so far, of course as you flex, and cycle the suspension,
there will be more rubbing off road, but really no rub on the street.

once again, search around, while researching my choice, i did read a few guys running your spec's with beg 255's

cheersAttachment 148701
Thanks - how about the spare, will that fit?

David
Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
Thanks - how about the spare, will that fit?

David

with trimming the spare will fit. ill try to find the writeup
Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyDeltaTango View Post
Thank you for the help!

David