Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Totaled taco, belated story/picts...lenghty

Old 04-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
So many b!tches, so little time...now back to TW!!
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

Name: ErIc
crazyrzr85's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Totaled taco, belated story/picts...lenghty

Ok, I think I finally got the picture uploading down...and now the story, short version...
1/2/12...driving to my parents house on a back country road with a light skift of snow on it...no traction control on and in 2wd...going 35-45 at the most..came to make a small right hand turn, rear end starts coming around, then all of a sudden it felt like someone slammed into me as fast as i spun, counter steered, next thing I know I am in the air, BOOM, and down on my roof...buckled in hanging there saying WTF just happened?!?!?!?...unbuckle and hit the ceiling, crawl around a bit and crawl out the rear driver side window...flipped it back over with a high-lift and drug it home...was only about 2mi from my parents house when this happened...I walked away with no injury...the truck not so much. I had brought the truck back the way I wanted to go, but hit the bank, ground was not frozen, the driver side sunk in about 3ft causing the rear-end to lift up and over and slam me on the roof... sorry about some of the bad picts...last one is of my current 09 with my totaled 10...

Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! Glad your Ok!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
glad nobody was hurt
Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude! glad you ok tho! and you must have hit hard look at all the dirt stuffed around the wheel and bumper.

edit: does not look like the roof caved in all that much considering what happened. but maybe it just looks like that from pic.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Good to hear you're ok.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
OOUUCHHH man that could have turn for the worse, REAL FAST! Glad you are ok, and I'm sure your parents are to!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
little bit of zaino and that will buff right out.

wanna sell the windshield wiper stalk?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Ouchy! Taco did it's job. Is this another one of those ABS causing crashes on slippery surfaces I read about?(I am happy it doesn't snow down here in LA)
Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, looking at the dirt in the front wheel it took quite a beating hitting that mud.
Looking at the roof line I am really impressed on how it took the blow landing on the roof.

Glad you are okay!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
you flipped your truck right side up by yourself with just a hi lift jack? impressive... glad you're ok
A highlift tractor lol...

And thanks all, I know it could have been way way worse...I was pretty impressed with the truck and how it kept me safe, don't want to test it any further than that lol
Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Wicked 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrzr85 View Post
A highlift tractor lol...

And thanks all, I know it could have been way way worse...I was pretty impressed with the truck and how it kept me safe, don't want to test it any further than that lol
ok I was about to say, i need to freshen up on my hi-lift jack skills as I have never seen that done before

Hopefully insurance took car of you - did you buy the truck back?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
ok I was about to say, i need to freshen up on my hi-lift jack skills as I have never seen that done before

Hopefully insurance took car of you - did you buy the truck back?
Well they are not happy with me but I made out on the deal. They took it and I bought the 09 in the last picture like a week later, and it's already claimed a deer and some trailer damage lol
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Glad you are alright man.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. Glad you're OK.

I've a question in the back of my head for a while: "Will the insurance company pay up if I wreck with VSC off?" Looks like you got covered OK. I usually turn mine off when I'm getting around in light snow.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that front tire slammed! Do you still have the truck? I am in the market for a new driver side airbag and would gladly buy that from you. PM me of you're interested
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysam View Post
Damn. Glad you're OK.

I've a question in the back of my head for a while: "Will the insurance company pay up if I wreck with VSC off?" Looks like you got covered OK. I usually turn mine off when I'm getting around in light snow.
They never even questioned it actually...
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the truck is as strong as they claim to be. Funny no air bags went off even though you landed on the roof, you'd think there should be a roll over sensor.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregman View Post
Looks like the truck is as strong as they claim to be. Funny no air bags went off even though you landed on the roof, you'd think there should be a roll over sensor.
Side curtain ones in the headliner went off...thought i blew a tire but, once i hit the right angle they popped!!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
. Glad your ok after that. I never want to test it, but glad to know the Taco can take a roll over like a champ and keep me and mine safe.