Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Inside consol pic request

Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
DunhamAll is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
DunhamAll's Tacoma Gallery
Inside consol pic request

Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like inside the center consol of a manual transmission 2nd gen?

I want to mount a flashlight and drill two screws into the passenger side of the center consol and wanna know what it looks like in there to avoid hitting anything. I'm lazy and don't want to check.

Will use self tapping screws, about 1/4" protruding into the consol.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
It's ridiculously easy to just pull the thing out. Pull up on the cupholder thingamadingus (it just snaps out, just pull straight up), there's a few screws under the carpeted cardboard inside the cubby, shift knob just unscrews off, etc. The last time I took it apart I had it all in my hands in 90 seconds.

If you only need to see, pull out the cupholders. You can see everything down there once that's off, and no screws to remove.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
I don't know man... I mean that seems like a lot of work.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunhamAll View Post
Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like inside the center consol of a manual transmission 2nd gen?

I want to mount a flashlight and drill two screws into the passenger side of the center consol and wanna know what it looks like in there to avoid hitting anything. I'm lazy and don't want to check.

Wait a minute. You have a second gen and because you are lazy to go look at your own truck, you want one of us to go out to the truck, get inside, clear out the console, take a picture, come back into the house, upload it from the phone to the the host, then post it on here?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
Or maybe you had one, from a previous mod write up. Did I ask if someone will take a pic? Or did I ask if you have a pic? Yep, definitely the former.

To answer your question: I don't have my truck yet, so while I wait for it maybe you can start with Dick and Jane to fix your illiteracy
Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or maybe you had one, from a previous mod write up. Did I ask if someone will take a pic? Or did I ask if you have a pic? Yep, definitely the former.

To answer your question: I don't have my truck yet, so while I wait for it maybe you can start with Dick and Jane to fix your illiteracy
Way to go, slam that stupid girl, why don't you?? Haha!! Why are you bashing me? YOU are the one that said you were lazy!! But yeah, I have a pic, I took one to show someone the cargo net inside.

Quote:

Yep. You said it, not me. You're lazy.

Oh and welcome to TW. I hope you make a lot of friends here.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lazy ass.

I find it to be triple the amount of work washing my truck then I do getting the center console out.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Wait a minute. You have a second gen and because you are lazy to go look at your own truck, you want one of us to go out to the truck, get inside, clear out the console, take a picture, come back into the house, upload it from the phone to the the host, then post it on here?
Quote:

Quote:
Way to go, slam that stupid girl, why don't you?? Haha!! Why are you bashing me? YOU are the one that said you were lazy!! But yeah, I have a pic, I took one to show someone the cargo net inside.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So is brushing your teeth before bed.

This is easy. Grab the black cupholder assembly between the two larger mugholders. Pull up and pop the snaps up from the corners. Done! Literally 4 seconds.

You can use said flashlight to see nearly the entire length of the console through the massive hole you just opened!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Voodoochild 2k9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: VMT-6
Name: Randy
Voodoochild 2k9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, definitely the former
I think you meant "definitely the latter."
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
Quote:
stupid girl.
I didn't bring up your sex, and I don't use redundant terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoochild 2k9 View Post
I think you meant "definitely the latter."
Being facetious.

Quote:
I don't have my truck yet
Thanks guys, you've all helped a lot. I will wait until I take delivery before I order the part.

/thread
Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post

Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To answer your question: I don't have my truck yet,
Quote:

Thanks guys, you've all helped a lot. I will wait until I take delivery before I order the part.

/thread

Perhaps you would have had more support if you didnt state in your first post:

Quote:
I'm lazy and don't want to check.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
Voodoochild 2k9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: VMT-6
Name: Randy
Voodoochild 2k9's Tacoma Gallery
Wait I like girls...can we get a picture?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is the best I've got.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #16

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Lucky for you I had to go put my freshly dried floor liners back into the truck.

Video uploading.

Man I'm in one of those moods... you know the kind where you can't drink a Red Bull because it would send you through a wall
Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #17

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Time to poop your pants. I command thee.

http://youtu.be/hPRHxZLpiuE
Old 04-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #18
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post

Wow, you went above and beyond.. not quite "poop your pants".. now if you had a snake cam... well that would have been a whole other story...lol

Frank
Old 04-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post

that was great