Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilsteins on 2012 DCLB

Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: BM3 - Station New Haven, CT
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
You're going to change the lift a bunch over the next few years, just get the lifetime alignment from Firestone. Lift sounds good to me. I'd ride the 5100 lift until you can drop the cash on some Icon coilovers. I foresee a lot of money spent on this vehicle in your future.
your right man. just dont want a real bad ride on this. but definitely cant be worse than the last taco, lol the new one just rides soo smooth
Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Love my 5100's. Similair to your sstock billi's but on steroids. setting at 2.5 will change your ride w/ stock coils. should ride a tad more stiff. Anytime you change your suspension you will need an alignment.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
With stock coils at 2.5 it will ride stiffer then stock, you could just get the billes and set them at 0 and add some ome 885x coils and you will be just about 2.5, but the ride will be smoother...
Old 04-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at a similar set up. 5100s on all corners, front set to 1.75, and spacer on driver side to correct driver side lean. I'm mostly looking to remove rake and level stance. Would I be better off spending more for pre assembled coil overs up front for a quicker easier install? I would prefer to keep or improve the factory ride. Also, this set up would allow metro increase lift with front adjustment and an AAL out back late on if I wanted to run larger tires.

Tacoma world has not let me down yet, what do you guys think?

Chris
Old 04-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
If your just wanting to level it out then stick with the billies, just take off your stock shocks and either rent a spring compressor or take it to your local auto shop and let them do it.

Also with them set at 1.75 i think you can just clear 265's (somebody correct me if im wrong) if you set them at 2.5 you can clear 285's...
Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Then I would try just leveling the front with 5100's and elbach coils. You will probably get a smother ride that way. If the front is too high for your likingn you can always get an AAL afterword. My truck has 5100's all around with the front set @2.5 and a 2" AAL and the rear sits a little too high for my liking( it rides pretty stiff too)
Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
i'd pass on the firestone lifetime alignment, you'll just spend a lifetime of having the alignment done wrong.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #13
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: BM3 - Station New Haven, CT
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
Then I would try just leveling the front with 5100's and elbach coils. You will probably get a smother ride that way. If the front is too high for your likingn you can always get an AAL afterword. My truck has 5100's all around with the front set @2.5 and a 2" AAL and the rear sits a little too high for my liking( it rides pretty stiff too)
yeah not a bad idea. what do you think about the rear. get 5100's or save the money. also do you think ill be okay without uca's for a while
Old 04-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757 Taco View Post
yeah not a bad idea. what do you think about the rear. get 5100's or save the money. also do you think ill be okay without uca's for a while
Its up to you but I like to have the same shocks all around. I don't think you would need ucs unless you lift over 2.5".
Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757 Taco View Post
the hell you looking at mang
J00. I be a in
Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
I have the 5100's all the way around, front at 2.5 and 885's. Rear has Toytec AAL. Running 285 17's and get it off road as often as possible... Though it is a pre runner. It rides like a truck... Stiff. HOWEVER, I can slam into holes, ruts, whatever... And it takes it like it should. I like the ride... Wife thinks its too stiff... But I think her 2012 Highlander is too soft!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
if you're looking to level your truck another option is adding Eibach springs to your oe Bilstein dampers- you'll get 1.6"-ish of lift, just about the exact amount to get level

the other option as someone else mentioned is 5100's set at 1.75", you will be pre-loading the oe springs which while not ideal, shouldn't be too bad

if a guy can swing it- aftermarket springs and 5100's set at 0 would be a great option