1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where can I find what security system I have

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stacywood50, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Apr 28, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    stacywood50

stacywood50 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stacy
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Door 4x4
    I have a 2012 double cab 4x4 and want to know what kind of factory installed security system I have. I've looked all thru the manuals and paperwork but don't see anything - I've got tons of questions about my security system - help - where do I find this info?

2. Apr 28, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    I'd say call the dealership but normally they dont know jack shit lol... What are some of your questions though?

3. Apr 30, 2012 at 4:04 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    Start by posting a picture of the remote control. Someone here may recognize it. Good Luck.

4. Apr 30, 2012 at 4:30 AM
    Ga tacoguy

Ga tacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Augusta Ga.
    Vehicle:
    Extended cab Base model 4 cyl
    Tailgate mod, horn mod,storage door mod
    :) Looking at your listed information, you have a double cab, which I assume is a V6 model. If it is, then you have the key immobilizer system for protection from theft, and most likely you have the standard key fob, which is for what Toyota call standard security. This locks and unlocks your doors, and set's off your horn as theft protection if you spot someone around your Taco.
    Optional from the dealer is Toyota's version of Lo-Jack, called Ting- my auto/theft tracking system. This consists of a hidden transmitter and notification and tracking to recover your Tacoma. This is installed by the dealer and costs extra, and may or may not work locally, depending on your local police.You will need to talk to your dealer to find out about this system.
    Some dealers have aftermarket auto alarms installed as an option for their customers. This could vary greatly by dealer and is not standard equipment, so information regarding this option is not in the owner's manual.
    I hope this help, Good Luck with your new truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top