Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ever come close to scraping lifted truck in low garage?

Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Ever come close to scraping lifted truck in low garage?

Phew. Came close yesterday. And my trick is barely lifted. I almost put my bike racks hard into concrete. Mall parking lot started to neck down in the back. I noted all the previous scrapes on the ceiling and stopped. I had about two inches. I backed up.

Has to happen. Ever seen it?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes! My boyfriend and I were staying at a hotel in SF and decided to park in their garage...big mistake! My truck didn't clear the height thing when entering but it was plastic so that wasn't a big deal, and the idiot working in there said we would be fine...the ceiling of the garage was just exposed pipes so the height was pretty inconsistent. Driving out of there I had to have my head out the passenger side window telling my bf where to go to avoid the lower pipes, took us just about forever to get out of there and i felt like i was going to have a heart attack the whole time!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Come close in my dad's unlifted 07 Tundra Double Cab 8' bed with a shell and a rack. That thing is SOOOOO long.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it's another reason not to get a 6" lift.

I am gonna trim my antenna 1" taller than my roof, to act as a ceiling feeler.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
UH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the rough

Army: Helicopter Pilot
UH60Hwkdrvr's Tacoma Gallery
I live in South Korea (where everything automobile related is small) and just recently had a 3" Toytec lift installed. The first thing I did after I received my lifted truck, was to take a height measurement. Anything less than 2m of clearance and it is no joy with the new lift.

M.A.C.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I took my company truck into a parking garage down in San Diego. I cleared the bar outside the garage, drove into the garage and parked. We then removed two suitcases from the truck, put them in the hotel room, then went back out to the truck to drive to dinner. I scraped the top of the campershell on the support beams overhead. Thank God it didn't catch the leading edge of the shell, it would have opened the shell up like a can opener!

I sat in the back of the truck while my co worker drove the truck out of the garage. Apparently a second gen Tacoma sags an entire half inch or so with only a couple of suitcases on board.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #10
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
I've scrapped my 3" lifted 4runner with my yakima roof rack once in sf over at a parking garage near the fishermens warf. I ended up taking down the rack on the spot lol

Even though I wasn't scraping anymore it was the worst drive ever looking for parking and being paranoid that I'll hit the roof going up the ramps in the garage.