1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Four red taps on the wiring harness of 2012 Tacoma PreRunner SR5

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by harvey1228, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Apr 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    harvey1228

harvey1228 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harvey
    castro valley, ca
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner
    I have four red taps on the wiring harness of my 2012 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 that I disconnected while installing a pop n lock PL 8521 tailgate power lock. I don't have a wiring diagram to tell me how to reconnect them. I need the wire color connection combinations for the tapped and tapping wires.

Currently, I've noted that at least my passenger side power window and key warning chime do not work because the taps aren't correctly connected.

Can anyone help?

harvey1228@yahoo.com

2. Apr 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    harvey1228

harvey1228 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harvey
    castro valley, ca
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner
    After a lot of searching and verification by a dealer, I determined that the wire taps and connected wiring were for a Karr security system installed by dealers to protect their cars. The systems are disabled by dealers if the car buyer doesn't pay and exorbitant fee for the system. I just disconnected the system and all is well. thanks to all who considered this post.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top