1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake spring noise?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DCGirl, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Apr 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM
    DCGirl

DCGirl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    I noticed about a week ago that my brakes make a "spring" type noise when I am slowing down. This usually happens when I am working on a complete stop. I did notice it also when stopping on a steep downhill. They don't make this noise consistently but enough that I have noticed. This sounds like it is coming directly from the brake pedal area. I checked to see if anything was loose or obviously out of place but found nothing.

Seems weird since I have never had any other vehicles do it. When I was driving big rigs I had one truck that literally had the brake pedal come loose. I had noticed something was off a few minutes prior but thought I would just check it at my next stop that was just a few miles down on some back roads. The brake pedal came loose as I tried to stop. Luckily I was in the middle of nowhere so I slowed down as much as I could and just used the parking brake to stop me. I tightened everything up and went back to the shop so the mechanic could double check things.

2. Apr 29, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    DCGirl

DCGirl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Forgot to mention that my truck has about 16,000 miles. No off-roading. Has driven through a bit of snow but nothing major. Just a few inches. Handled pretty well for a rear wheel drive.

3. Apr 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Bring it to the dealership and bring this to their attention. It's a safety hazard.

Products Discussed in

To Top