1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Test drove a 2012 today, have a question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Beitzel15, Apr 30, 2012.

1. May 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    Beitzel15

Beitzel15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Thomasville, NC
    Thanks for all the info guys!

It's funny you guys mentioning the salesman talking about the hood scoop as a selling point, I believe that was the 2nd thing my guy said to me "It's got that nice, mean looking scoop on there too!" I was like "yeah, it looks ok but it doesnt do anything"

And while I was test driving it, I already knew it had the sport package with bilsteins.. and I asked him, to see if he knew.. I said "And this one has the sport and better suspension on it, right?" He literally pulled the window sticker off and read every single thing on there to me lol

2. May 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    badphish14

badphish14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD OFF ROAD
    haha I had a sales man do the same thing after he told me they didn't make the off road package anymore.

Welcome and my only advice is start a second savings account for yourself. After reading all the mods and cool shit you can do with your taco, you're going to need it

3. May 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    Beitzel15

Beitzel15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Thomasville, NC
    Oh yeah, I know! I was looking at getting a new jeep 4 door sport and lift, lockers, tires.. onboard air.. you name it, I wanted it.. had a list built in a few days worth $10,000+ in parts lol.

Im going to try and take it slow when I do get a Taco though, wait till stock tires are done before a lift/tires...so I can have more money for bills and guns ;)

4. May 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    geoff7877

geoff7877 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road 4X4 Double Cab
    I would've loved the JBL upgrade, but what are you gonna do. If I could change two things, it would be the JBL and wheels/tires. Other than that, I'm good.

5. May 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    xpocad

xpocad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    San Benito Tx
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBL CAB TRD Sport 4x4
    3" Revtech Leveling kit 17" XD Addict Rims with -12 offset White Led dome lit interior Avid Light Bar 21" Blitz Pro Led Bar
    I have my taco also with the navi/jbl system and it is amazing. I came from a G35 with the bose system which I was never impressed with, and this system really made me happy.

I have the trd sport with a 3 inch leveling kit in the front and 2" in the front and currently have 295/70/17 AT (Mud terain rubbed to much). I rub slightly on full turn but am going to buy some 1" wheel spacers which should fix that problem.

6. May 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    drsus

drsus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    4Runner TRDpro
    stock
    the JBL system on my 2012 is friking LOUD and good! loud is not always good, this thing has awesome balance.

Products Discussed in

To Top