Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #261
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
My biggest tips for anyone is don't get this crap!

It has been nothing but a disappointment for me so far.

If you want navigation get a kenwood. The JBL uses the tom-tom type soft ware and it sucks but. The kenwood uses garmin. Much better.

And by the way the upgrade to the maps has to be done by the dealer and will cost about $200 for install. What a crock of shit.

The only good thing is the stereo with the sub kicks ass but the rest sucks ass.
I think that's why most people get it. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that found it quicker or easier to make reservations, buy movie tickets, check the weather, use pandora, etc... on the Entune than their smartphone that Entune is piggy-backing off of.

I enjoy the nav - it's good enough for me.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #262
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
I HATE the nav, worst ever. You HAVE to know the zip code before hand when putting in an address. I have had many vehicles with stock nav and that was never the case, could always just do city and street and it would find the zipcode.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #263
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
I HATE the nav, worst ever. You HAVE to know the zip code before hand when putting in an address. I have had many vehicles with stock nav and that was never the case, could always just do city and street and it would find the zipcode.
I've never used the Zip when using the nav. I just tell is street, city, and state.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #264
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
I've never used the Zip when using the nav. I just tell is street, city, and state.
WHAT!!!! For reals? You're telling me you can clear the zip field and just use street, city and state? I'm not saying I don't believe you but can you take some pics lol, teach me? I am VERY technically inclined (its my job to be) and I have never been able to use it without putting in the zipcode first
Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #265
Horsebit

Quote:
WHAT!!!! For reals? You're telling me you can clear the zip field and just use street, city and state? I'm not saying I don't believe you but can you take some pics lol, teach me? I am VERY technically inclined (its my job to be) and I have never been able to use it without putting in the zipcode first
I can see if I can snap some pics for you. Normally I just do the little button on the wheel that allows me to speak the address, and I've never had to say the zip. I'll take a look at the actual interface a little bit later on this afternoon.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #266
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
It appears that Toytota has kept us in the dark about the updates and are not sending them in the mail as the should. Finding the file has been a little difficult to do, given that not so many people talk about it either. I am currently downloading the Entune.zip file that is required to perform the update on the entune system. Someone else has taken the liberty to be so kind and upload version 2.1.0 over the net. Click on this link to take you to the download portal:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/00cwar

From there click on "Click here to start download from sendspace"

After the download (which might be a little slow) you need to unzip the file and place it onto a blank USB thumb drive, insert it into your vehicle and you should get a pop up message to update, select yes and let it do it's magic!
I'll have to check this out later. I don't remember what version I upgraded to late last fall. Would be nice if this is a new update.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #267
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick update, I just flashed this over to my entune Nav, and the update went perfectly.

After you extract the zip file from the download, take the swdl.iso and the swdlLog.txt within the extracted folder and copy those into your blank thumb drive. Plug it into your truck, after a couple minutes it will ask you to update, hit yes and let it happen

Happy updating!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #268
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can see if I can snap some pics for you. Normally I just do the little button on the wheel that allows me to speak the address, and I've never had to say the zip. I'll take a look at the actual interface a little bit later on this afternoon.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
any noticable diffrances?
Isn't this the same update that they sent out via the thumb drives or is this technically the 3rd update?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #269
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have always had to enter the zip, have I been doing it wrong all this time?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #270
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I never enter the zip either. I just tell it the street, town&state. I use the steering wheel control to speak the address,I have never used zip, most times I don't know the zip.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #271
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
I never enter the zip either. I just tell it the street, town&state. I use the steering wheel control to speak the address,I have never used zip, most times I don't know the zip.
I usually manually enter the info, that's probably where I have been going wrong.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #272
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
not sure.. havnt looked to see what version im running..
I have 2.1, you probably do too. It's the one that came out in the fall. Pretty old.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #273

Air Force:
Quote:
Works on the 2012's my Baja has it and is a 2012
ha, found it. I never went into that setting area when the lights were on. It only shows up if the lights are on. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #274
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
after to looking at it I have to agree. I do not believe it is worth the extra $1800 or whatever. I was wondering about the cost once the 3 years is up and saw a post. $5 does not seem to be too bad if you use it. Not sure what $1800 gets me that I can not do ion Iphone.
Not sure why I would pay $5 a month on something that needs to use my cellular data. Why not just use my cell? I mean, I can stream Pandora through Bluetooth, why do I need Entune?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #275

Air Force:
I'll be surprised if Toyota ever actually charges for their Entune service. No one will pay for it if they do.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #276
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
any noticable diffrances?
Not thus far actually. I did it because the stability on my bluetooth. It kept disconnecting from my phone, however, after doing the update I have come to find that it continues to do this. I am going to perform a hard reset of the entire entune HU.

I am currently running an HTC One for Sprint. I checked their site and they said it was not tested yet. That being said I was having no issues whatsoever with connectivity with the phone up until recently and it got progressively worse. It's definitely a bug or hardware issue within the system and not the phone.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #277

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Not thus far actually. I did it because the stability on my bluetooth. It kept disconnecting from my phone, however, after doing the update I have come to find that it continues to do this. I am going to perform a hard reset of the entire entune HU.
I lose connectivity with the head unit regularly too. I have the Samsung S3. I know it's an issue with the Entune, not the phone. I use bluetooth speakers to stream pandora at home for hours on end with no issue. Haven't tried just streaming pandora to the radio without entune yet to see if it still does it.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #278
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post

I have always had to enter the zip, have I been doing it wrong all this time?
I have figured out if you see a zip code just enter the state and then zip will be blank then just put in address and your good. Well at least good 50% of the time because the retarded thing does not get the addresses around here.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I lose connectivity with the head unit regularly too. I have the Samsung S3. I know it's an issue with the Entune, not the phone. I use bluetooth speakers to stream pandora at home for hours on end with no issue. Haven't tried just streaming pandora to the radio without entune yet to see if it still does it.
I have an S3 also, I haven't experienced any problems.So far, everything works great!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #280
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
When I'm searching businesses I open the bing app on the head unit then press the mic button on the screen (not the steering wheel) and just speak where I want to go, or about what I want. I can say the exact business or the type of business and it will search and display them in order of distance from my current position. This is quicker than typing in the entire address while stopped and you can do this method while driving. This is also only possible with the 2.1 update from last fall. The bing search finds more stuff than the manual type method because the bing search seems to use the internet where the manual search uses the entune database. If it a specific address I am looking for I will use the steering wheel search and speak the exact address. I use Bing, movie tickets, Pandora, Weather and iHeart all the time. Occasionally I use opentable and it is all out of convenience. I think it's awesome although I was disappointing at first until I got the 2.1 update. If you don't like it don't get it but you don't have to get power windows and keyless entry either. Tips are still helpful to learn the little tricks. Discredit from people who don't have it is irrelevant when they don't know what the system provides since they didn't buy it.