Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #261
HarmonTRD2013 is on a distinguished road
HarmonTRD2013's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 tacoma my iheart radio, and bing apps work fine but the weather app says Internet connection error and I can't figure out why I tried it with my wife's phone and the same thing happens!!! Any ideas???
Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #262
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Do you have the latest entune update?

Alex
Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #263
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Can you control the dim on the screen independently from the lights on the truck?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #264
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
Yes.

-turn lights on
-press 'setup' button
-press 'display'
-press 'day mode'
Old 04-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #265
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundletaint View Post
I deleted the app from my phone. My opinion is that the only thing useful about entune is the touch screen and upgraded sound.
after to looking at it I have to agree. I do not believe it is worth the extra $1800 or whatever. I was wondering about the cost once the 3 years is up and saw a post. $5 does not seem to be too bad if you use it. Not sure what $1800 gets me that I can not do ion Iphone.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #266
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble9012 View Post
Yes.

-turn lights on
-press 'setup' button
-press 'display'
-press 'day mode'
Thanks!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #268
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble9012 View Post
Yes.

-turn lights on
-press 'setup' button
-press 'display'
-press 'day mode'
I think that only works on 2013s.....my 2012 doesn't have that option.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #269
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
after to looking at it I have to agree. I do not believe it is worth the extra $1800 or whatever. I was wondering about the cost once the 3 years is up and saw a post. $5 does not seem to be too bad if you use it. Not sure what $1800 gets me that I can not do ion Iphone.
Granted the $1,800 is extreme but it's more than just apps. It's also navigation and upgraded JBL sound. The sound is really what makes it worth it. If you wanted to though, you could get better sound for the money with aftermarket stuff but not everyone is into that.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #270
The Diggler
Mike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 2/8 Wpns Co, 1/6 A Co, 2D MLG G3 TRT
Name: Mike
Mike0341's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Granted the $1,800 is extreme but it's more than just apps. It's also navigation and upgraded JBL sound. The sound is really what makes it worth it. If you wanted to though, you could get better sound for the money with aftermarket stuff but not everyone is into that.
My wife has Entune in her Prius C. We never use it so im glad i didnt fork over the extra cash to buy buy it for the truck.

That and it uses the phones data. When the free trial expires i see little point in paying for something that uses my cell phones data to do the same thing i could do on my phone using the same data. That and my phone has google maps which doesnt require the dealership to update it . Since you cant do anything while moving in the vehicle anyway (not even as a passenger) i might as well just put the directions into my phone and let it guide me to a location if i happen to be lost. As for sound quality i see little difference between the Prius she has and the other Prius we test drove that didnt have it. We have satellite radio and HD radio though. we never used the satellite radio (some people might) and the HD radio sounds about the same i guess (not 100% positive).

for some they may love it. for some they may not. its definitely not a deal breaker if a car doesnt come with it in the future though. might actually be a deal breaker if it did though since i wouldnt want to pay for it.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #271
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
As for sound quality i see little difference between the Prius she has and the other Prius we test drove that didnt have it. We have satellite radio and HD radio though. we never used the satellite radio (some people might) and the HD radio sounds about the same i guess (not 100% positive).
Either the Prius doesn't get the upgraded JBL sound system (which is probably the case), or you're borderline deaf.

There is a HUGE difference between my JBL sound system and the stock one, and a pretty noticeable difference between standard and HD radio.

But, like you said, some will love it, others will not see the value.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #272

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Either the Prius doesn't get the upgraded JBL sound system (which is probably the case), or you're borderline deaf.

There is a HUGE difference between my JBL sound system and the stock one, and a pretty noticeable difference between standard and HD radio.

But, like you said, some will love it, others will not see the value.
X100 agree. I test drove a Tacoma with stock radio and mine with Entune and JBL. HUGE difference in sound. If you think they sound the same, good for you.....you'll never have to worry about spending money stereo equipment.

Hopefully you don't think standard def and high def TV looks the same!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #273
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
My wife has Entune in her Prius C. We never use it so im glad i didnt fork over the extra cash to buy buy it for the truck.

That and it uses the phones data. When the free trial expires i see little point in paying for something that uses my cell phones data to do the same thing i could do on my phone using the same data. That and my phone has google maps which doesnt require the dealership to update it . Since you cant do anything while moving in the vehicle anyway (not even as a passenger) i might as well just put the directions into my phone and let it guide me to a location if i happen to be lost. As for sound quality i see little difference between the Prius she has and the other Prius we test drove that didnt have it. We have satellite radio and HD radio though. we never used the satellite radio (some people might) and the HD radio sounds about the same i guess (not 100% positive).

for some they may love it. for some they may not. its definitely not a deal breaker if a car doesnt come with it in the future though. might actually be a deal breaker if it did though since i wouldnt want to pay for it.

I had a prius C as a loaner for 4 days with entune.. it is not an upgraded sound system in it.. just the entune head unit.. the prius c entune sound system sounded like crap... my taco entune sounds awesome!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #274
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I think that only works on 2013s.....my 2012 doesn't have that option.
Works on the 2012's my Baja has it and is a 2012
Old 06-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #275
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It appears that Toytota has kept us in the dark about the updates and are not sending them in the mail as the should. Finding the file has been a little difficult to do, given that not so many people talk about it either. I am currently downloading the Entune.zip file that is required to perform the update on the entune system. Someone else has taken the liberty to be so kind and upload version 2.1.0 over the net. Click on this link to take you to the download portal:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/00cwar

From there click on "Click here to start download from sendspace"

After the download (which might be a little slow) you need to unzip the file and place it onto a blank USB thumb drive, insert it into your vehicle and you should get a pop up message to update, select yes and let it do it's magic!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #276
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
It appears that Toytota has kept us in the dark about the updates and are not sending them in the mail as the should. Finding the file has been a little difficult to do, given that not so many people talk about it either. I am currently downloading the Entune.zip file that is required to perform the update on the entune system. Someone else has taken the liberty to be so kind and upload version 2.1.0 over the net. Click on this link to take you to the download portal:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/00cwar

From there click on "Click here to start download from sendspace"

After the download (which might be a little slow) you need to unzip the file and place it onto a blank USB thumb drive, insert it into your vehicle and you should get a pop up message to update, select yes and let it do it's magic!
When was this update released and what does it do?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #277
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
My biggest tips for anyone is don't get this crap!

It has been nothing but a disappointment for me so far.

If you want navigation get a kenwood. The JBL uses the tom-tom type soft ware and it sucks but. The kenwood uses garmin. Much better.

And by the way the upgrade to the maps has to be done by the dealer and will cost about $200 for install. What a crock of shit.

The only good thing is the stereo with the sub kicks ass but the rest sucks ass.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #278
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
My biggest tips for anyone is don't get this crap!

It has been nothing but a disappointment for me so far.

If you want navigation get a kenwood. The JBL uses the tom-tom type soft ware and it sucks but. The kenwood uses garmin. Much better.

And by the way the upgrade to the maps has to be done by the dealer and will cost about $200 for install. What a crock of shit.

The only good thing is the stereo with the sub kicks ass but the rest sucks ass.
I think that's why most people get it. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that found it quicker or easier to make reservations, buy movie tickets, check the weather, use pandora, etc... on the Entune than their smartphone that Entune is piggy-backing off of.

I enjoy the nav - it's good enough for me.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #279
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
I HATE the nav, worst ever. You HAVE to know the zip code before hand when putting in an address. I have had many vehicles with stock nav and that was never the case, could always just do city and street and it would find the zipcode.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #280
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
I HATE the nav, worst ever. You HAVE to know the zip code before hand when putting in an address. I have had many vehicles with stock nav and that was never the case, could always just do city and street and it would find the zipcode.
I've never used the Zip when using the nav. I just tell is street, city, and state.