Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #481
Senior Member
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Joined: Jan 2013, #94660
Location: Tualatin, Oregon
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 283
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post
So far it seems that I'm the only one that cares, but I have been doing some research on the Nav map update for the GPS and got a part number from the dealer. (PT725-00123) which appears to be an SD card and not a disc. This would explain why I can not find the Map DVD that other Toyota vehicles have. So far in my search the price ranges from $173-$190 but I was informed that the new year of updates isn't updated until around September just like the DVD updates. With the SD card I wonder if we would be able to "share" the info like we have the Entune updates. I will wait until the new 2014 map update is available in September and see what I can come up with.
Appreciate you looking into this. I am following along as I am interested as well, just not sure where to look.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #482
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
TxFireman's Avatar
Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
Joined: Sep 2013, #112051
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 559
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post
So far it seems that I'm the only one that cares, but I have been doing some research on the Nav map update for the GPS and got a part number from the dealer. (PT725-00123) which appears to be an SD card and not a disc. This would explain why I can not find the Map DVD that other Toyota vehicles have. So far in my search the price ranges from $173-$190 but I was informed that the new year of updates isn't updated until around September just like the DVD updates. With the SD card I wonder if we would be able to "share" the info like we have the Entune updates. I will wait until the new 2014 map update is available in September and see what I can come up with.
Good info, and thanks for sharing. It is something we're all going to need sooner or later. GM would send out new dvd for my wife's nav for the first 3 years and after that we were on our own. With so many new roads coming in around my house I'm going to need something when it's available.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #483
Senior Member
robbergeron23 is on a distinguished road
 
robbergeron23's Avatar
Name: rob
Joined: Mar 2014, #125991
Location: holland, ma.
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 117
robbergeron23's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know why you have to really crank up the volume when listening to XM, to match the lesser volume of FM, or CD? Any fix? Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #484
Senior Member
sonic77 is on a distinguished road
 
sonic77's Avatar
Air Force: USAF 1999-2002 F16 mechanic
Name: Justin
Joined: Jan 2012, #70696
Location: Peoria IL.
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
sonic77's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else notice it's hard to find in the list all your stations in pandora If you have quite a few saved
I have to go to the top or bottom station to get it to advance to next set of stations that you can't see
Just curious if anyone else has found a solution
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #485
Senior Member
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Dec 2013, #118756
Location: Colorado
Gender: Dude
Posts: 659
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
So, I had disconnected the insurance's device for a little while. Still had a reboot occur while driving. Anyone have this issue? Truck is almost 7 months old (drivewise device for last 5) and has done it probably 3 or 4 times with the device connected and once without.

Also, my text messages are not going through the head unit anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #486
Junior Member
RedTaco2014 is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2014, #130436
Location: Connecticut
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
RedTaco2014's Tacoma Gallery
Fixed messaging

I just wanted to share a little bit of my experience so far using Entune in case it can help others. I have a 2014 Tacoma with Entune Audio Plus (that's non-navi) and an XT1060 (known as the Moto X). I was able to connect it to my head unit just fine but my messaging would not work. It kept saying loading messages and would fail. After some trial and error I think why it was failing was that it could not handle the amount of texts that I had on the phone. I am using the hangouts app for messaging so I archived all of my texts but it still did not work. I then took a look at the original messaging app that came with the phone and it had a lot of old messages in there as well. After remove those messages it was able to load properly and new messages received were read aloud. I was also able to reply with the canned responses of which there are about 15.

I hope this helps someone else who is having the same issue I did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #487
Junior Member
kleffman is on a distinguished road
Joined: Mar 2014, #125689
Location: San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
kleffman's Tacoma Gallery
Very interesting regarding too many text messages...Thanks. Going to try this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #488
Third Shift
ThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
Joined: Apr 2013, #103173
Location: CLT, NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 435
ThatguyJZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbergeron23 View Post
Does anyone know why you have to really crank up the volume when listening to XM, to match the lesser volume of FM, or CD? Any fix? Thanks.

Same issue, no fix. Just terrible design. There's a few posts here and there by myself and others commenting on how terrible the volume control is. Anything under 20 is all but inaudible unless you're parked, engine off, with the windows up in an empty warehouse. 20 to 30 while driving is just loud enough to make you question what song that is you're hearing, or if it's a dead relative speaking to you from the grave. 30 to 40 is enough to slightly drown out an uninteresting convo with a passenger without offending them. Finally, 40 to 50 is about what half volume is on any other car I've ever owned. At that point though the sound gets muddy.



Related to the messaging issue, I've switched phones to a Google Nexus 5 (not rooted), and the messaging function doesn't work now.... first world problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:05 AM   #489
Junior Member
RedTaco2014 is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2014, #130436
Location: Connecticut
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
RedTaco2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyJZ View Post
Same issue, no fix. Just terrible design. There's a few posts here and there by myself and others commenting on how terrible the volume control is. Anything under 20 is all but inaudible unless you're parked, engine off, with the windows up in an empty warehouse. 20 to 30 while driving is just loud enough to make you question what song that is you're hearing, or if it's a dead relative speaking to you from the grave. 30 to 40 is enough to slightly drown out an uninteresting convo with a passenger without offending them. Finally, 40 to 50 is about what half volume is on any other car I've ever owned. At that point though the sound gets muddy.



Related to the messaging issue, I've switched phones to a Google Nexus 5 (not rooted), and the messaging function doesn't work now.... first world problems.
That sucks about the sound not being loud enough for you. What setting is your "Automatic Sound Levelizer" set to? It's found under settings>audio.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #490
Member
TacoLarry is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Helicopter Pilot
Name: Larry
Joined: Feb 2014, #123232
Location: PacNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 69
TacoLarry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyJZ View Post
.. .. .. snip .. ..
Related to the messaging issue, I've switched phones to a Google Nexus 5 (not rooted), and the messaging function doesn't work now.... first world problems.
I replaced my HTC First (cleaned to AOSP) with a N5 due to compatibility/truck communications issues with the First. The N5 has been impeccable for both calls and messaging. I would suggest you check the phone and Entune settings.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #491
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough
 
sixdoubleseven's Avatar
Name: Dave
Joined: Mar 2009, #15304
Location: Boston
Gender: Male
Posts: 330
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
2014-Can't get iphone 4 (waiting for 6 to come out) to work with the messaging. Pairs no prob for music and calls but no dice on the texts.

Will it not work with the 4? Any tips?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #492
Senior Member
robbergeron23 is on a distinguished road
 
robbergeron23's Avatar
Name: rob
Joined: Mar 2014, #125991
Location: holland, ma.
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 117
robbergeron23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2014 View Post
That sucks about the sound not being loud enough for you. What setting is your "Automatic Sound Levelizer" set to? It's found under settings>audio.
Thanks for the tip. I will try that one tomorrow morning. If it doesn't fix the
problem, I might have to consider a aftermarket amp to boost the volume some. Thanks again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #493
Junior Member
RedTaco2014 is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2014, #130436
Location: Connecticut
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
RedTaco2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbergeron23 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I will try that one tomorrow morning. If it doesn't fix the
problem, I might have to consider a aftermarket amp to boost the volume some. Thanks again.
No problem, I think it will help but adding an amp would be best. Good luck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #494
Senior Member
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
stmpjmpr's Avatar
Name: Jimmy
Joined: Jun 2010, #38246
Location: So Orange County, Ca
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,957
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
subddddddd
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #495
Junior Member
RedTaco2014 is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2014, #130436
Location: Connecticut
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
RedTaco2014's Tacoma Gallery
Got contact pictures to work.

With some trial and error I was able to get my contact pictures to show up. To accomplish this I had to create new contacts for each of the favorites I wanted without email addresses. What I found out was when there is an email address associated to the contact in my phone the favorites contact on the head unit cannot display the picture. I was able to prove this by adding an email address to one favorite which made the picture disappear from the head unit. Once I took the email away it came back. Weird problem, I hope they eventually provide a fix for this.

P.S., be mindful of joined contacts in your phone if you try this. My phone automatically joined the new contacts at first since the name and number matched.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #496
Reg. Cab Nation Member
nickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nice
 
nickonfire700's Avatar
Name: Nick
Joined: Jul 2013, #109431
Location: RI
Gender: Male
Posts: 310
nickonfire700's Tacoma Gallery
I have a quick question for anyone that has a 2014 radio. Is it possible to fast forward a song that's playing off a CD? Or is that something only older radios could do?
Thank you
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #497
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
bjboucher's Avatar
Air Force:
Name: Brad
Joined: Aug 2012, #84371
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Age: 38
Gender: Dude
Posts: 2,244
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2014 View Post
With some trial and error I was able to get my contact pictures to show up. To accomplish this I had to create new contacts for each of the favorites I wanted without email addresses. What I found out was when there is an email address associated to the contact in my phone the favorites contact on the head unit cannot display the picture. I was able to prove this by adding an email address to one favorite which made the picture disappear from the head unit. Once I took the email away it came back. Weird problem, I hope they eventually provide a fix for this.

P.S., be mindful of joined contacts in your phone if you try this. My phone automatically joined the new contacts at first since the name and number matched.
I think i'd rather just not have pictures show up on my radio than have double inputs for every contact. Doesn't sound worth it to me. To each their own though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #498
Senior Member
mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough
 
mking's Avatar
Name: SilverSurfer
Joined: Jan 2013, #96354
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 164
mking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic77 View Post
Anyone else notice it's hard to find in the list all your stations in pandora If you have quite a few saved
I have to go to the top or bottom station to get it to advance to next set of stations that you can't see
Just curious if anyone else has found a solution
I notice when I'm driving not all my saved stations show, once I'm at a complete stop I can scroll through all of them so annoying especially on the frwy
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #499
Junior Member
RedTaco2014 is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2014, #130436
Location: Connecticut
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
RedTaco2014's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 3 panel display option allowing quick access to contact favorites, weather and audio.

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #500
Member
2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of
Joined: Jun 2014, #131080
Location: CO, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 58
2014 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
is it possible to get voice navigation through a phone on an entune plus?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OME installation tips and tricks asolo Suspension 3 03-30-2012 01:29 AM
any tips or tricks to changing my fuel filter? 96 2.4 jeffz0rz 1st Gen. Tacomas 3 03-23-2010 05:29 PM
BHLM tips or tricks Alex352 2nd Gen. Tacomas 8 09-14-2009 04:23 AM
Tricks, Tips, Suggestions? GASH 2nd Gen. Tacomas 0 02-13-2009 03:01 PM


Copyright © 2015 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.