1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by elytravis, May 1, 2012.

1. Jun 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    SOCO Taco

SOCO Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BSR
    Pueblo County
    Vehicle:
    `16, SW, DBL, Short, 4X TRD Off Road
    I think the updates come from the Weather Channel. I traveled from Colo to GA, and back. Sometime I was in rural areas and there was no update for that area, as the last info was from the previous metro area. Personally I hate the weather app with a passion. When I fire up the truck I can readings from Denver to Pueblo, its like I have no idea what the local weather is until I start driving and the channel finally gets my location right.
    Had the system replaced because the old radio would lock or freeze up. The new radio actually seems to have a couple more options. I dont have that JBL version, and the new one doesnt either. Maybe there were a few minor changes. The map data was not in the new radio, had to go back to the dealer and ask "WTF", they ordered a new SD card and will load when it arrives.

2. Jun 14, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    Fivespeed

Fivespeed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Offroad w/ Entune
    Android 4.4.2 on my Note 2 allowed my music on Spotify on my phone to show what's playing on my Entune in the truck. Finally!

3. Jun 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM
    kasnerd

kasnerd candied bacon

Member:
    SoCal Yokel
    Vehicle:
    '14 SC LT Mall Runner
    Mods? Yes, oh yes..
    Just chipping in my findings

'14 DCSB OR, Entune Plus, Navi (non jbl)

Using a Galaxy S3, cyanogenmod 11 and connecting through Bluetooth...

Works: Pandora, PowerAMP, Stock audio player (BT conntects, auto plays, kinda annoying, but meh). Call audio is good, contacts sync, phone history. Apps use data over BT fine.

Not working: New email/text notification/display.

Gripes: When using aux, too bad it doesn't pull Metadata for gracenotes via BT.

If anyone would like me to test/check something, let me know. I have several 'retired' android devices for testing purposes.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  4. Jun 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    BitterTroll

BitterTroll Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Louisville KY
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport
    TRD Short Shifter,TRD Exhaust,Roll-X Tonneau Cover To Do: S/C
    Same android setup. Glad to know I am not the only one without the text message notification. Mort audio book player works fine.

5. Jun 14, 2014 at 8:14 PM
    Quadsix

Quadsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Bonaire, Georgia/Palm Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    12 Quadcab TRD Sport Upgrade
    K&N Intake Filter, K&N Cabin Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Tailgate Mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech rain visors/digital floor mats, 6K HID headlights, 4300 HID fog lights, Westin Bullbar, Westin side steps, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Quadrant LED Aux Lights, Bed mat, Rocky Mount Clutch SD Bike Mounts, LED Bed lights, Blue LED shift indicator
    this is a good thread so far....

6. Jun 15, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    RedTaco2014

RedTaco2014 Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Sport
    Sorry for the delay in my response, at the moment TWs email notifications are not working. I have a 2014 Entune Audio Plus model 57090. In order to do this you would choose Settings>Home Screen>Three Panel. On that page you will have the choice to set two or three panel, then you have the choice of what you want to display on each panel. As for the weather, it is provided over the HD radio signal. That is why it is not always available or provides the exact location your in. I have noticed it providing a neighboring towns weather so I just go to Apps>Weather where I can choose 1. Current Weather 2. Recently checked locations 3. National cities 4. Other local cities. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  7. Jun 15, 2014 at 5:00 AM
    G8keepr

G8keepr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    North central mass
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    I'm using iPhone but should be same idea. To get messaging to work I had to go into settings and turn on mms messaging. Works fine now but I just prefer to look at my phone( while not driving of course) !

8. Jun 15, 2014 at 5:03 AM
    RedTaco2014

RedTaco2014 Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Sport
    In my 2014 Entune Audio Plus I can fast forward a song from a CD by holding the seek> button. <track button provides the ability to rewind. I can also do this from the steering wheel by using the left and right directions of the toggle. Up and down of the toggle provide next and previous tracks.

9. Jun 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    RedTaco2014

RedTaco2014 Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Sport
    This does work as long as you have Bluetooth audio selected as your source.

10. Jun 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
    2014 tacoma

2014 tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO, USA
    Vehicle:
    14 Access TRD offroad
    Thanks, I'll try it again and make sure I have that selected.

11. Jun 15, 2014 at 10:32 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    Thanks RedTaco. I will do it on mine tomorrow.

12. Jun 18, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    ThatguyJZ

ThatguyJZ Instagram: thatguyjz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    TRIAD, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    A TRD OR built into a Baja/PRO hybrid

I have it off. Didn't really like how it worked. It would increase the level of distortion. Thanks though!

Checked both, everything is enabled. Disconnected and reconnected phone from truck. From a settings perspective and options it all seems to be playing nice, but for whatever reason it isn't talking or alerting me to messages.

13. Jun 18, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    RedMosquito

RedMosquito Active Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    In the menu settings go to display then to three panel, once there you can customize with what you would like in the boxes. I go for radio and weather in the left panes and nav in the right.

As far as how it gets weather and traffic data, etc. It uses the HD radio frequency to pull this information.

14. Jun 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    Carroll

Carroll Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carroll
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB
    Here is a hood I made to cut some glare from the screen in direct sunlight. Held on with two velcro dots at the bottom of the screen. Stores on the back of the sun visor.

Screen Hood angle.jpg
    Screen Hood straight on.jpg
    Screen Hood stored.jpg

15. Jun 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM
    chaunchy

chaunchy Member

Member:
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma AccessCab 4x4 4cyl
    I just recently upgraded to the 2014 entune w/NAVI and just found the 20min DVR like buffer. You can PAUSE LIVE RADIO with a 20 min buffer. Pretty awesome when something juicy is going on with the radio show and you want to drive through the espresso stand. I know radio isn't all that exciting but the feature is nice.:D

Sorry if this is a repost. lots of pages. I only read through half.:cool:

16. Aug 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    acmorton

acmorton New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma SR5 TSS
    Every time I receive a text on my Galaxy S5 it powers off my radio. It comes back on but not getting the text. Any suggestions?

17. Aug 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    Anyone have any issues with Entune and iPods? My wife's Rav 4 entune system seems to have fried 2 iPods in the last 3 weeks. I like the controllability through the steering wheel controls but may just have to go back to having to fumble with the iPod to change songs while driving.

18. Aug 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM
    Yakoma

Yakoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    ATL-ish
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 - White
    Black APS Bull Bar Black Westin Step Bars Black ARE camper top with Yakima J-cradles (replaced Roll-X Tonneau) Black AMP HD Bed Extender
    I've got an older model 120GB iPod that is constantly dropping connection and frequently causes me to have to reboot the iPod. I suspect that it might have something to do with the connector in the dash (I'm using a Toyota OEM iPod cable). I hope to get Toyota to replace that under warranty. But I'm not confident that it will solve the problem. I suspect that the Entune iPod software is very buggy. And it's likely not to get better since everything is going to Bluetooth these days. Is anyone else having these issues with iPods?

The real annoyance is that I listen to audiobooks on my trips and when I lose connection, it also loses my bookmark causing me to start over and fast forward to the passage where it dropped.

However, I haven't had it fry my iPod yet. The reboot procedure gets the iPod back to normal.

I haven't tried loading audiobooks onto my iPhone and connecting through Bluetooth yet. That may the next thing to try. If that works, I may try finding a Bluetooth transmitter connection for the iPod.

19. Aug 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    jfwalsh

jfwalsh Well-Known Member

Member:
    southern california
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica 4wd DCLB TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Front Skid, Running Boards (black)
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

The only problem I have with the entune unit occurs when using my ipod. I can expect at least one "freeze" on any given trip when the ipod is connected. Not sure exactly what it is, but at some point there is a guaranteed need to reboot the entire system.

Its a damn shame too, because the ipod (my unit is entune with nav, but no jbl 2014) offers far and away, the best sound quality through the deck, superior to bluetooth.

I wish there was a fix, but I am not holding out much hope. I always hope to get an hour out of the ipod (long drive) before having to reboot. But, once I reboot, it seems good to go.

Seems to be worse if the navigation is running as well.

Mine is a 120gb ipod classic as well.
    Using ipod cable into USB port near cupholders.

20. Aug 2, 2014 at 2:13 PM
    LarryM04

LarryM04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dayton, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BRM DCSB TRD Sport
    The radio can't seem to read my S5's text messages, but no hiccups when they arrive.

I just got my Tacoma couple weeks ago, it was fresh outta the factory, but as soon as I connected my S5, Entune did an update. Maybe you need this? Are updates always automatic and over the air now?

Products Discussed in

To Top