Notices

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Old 06-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #521
RedTaco2014 is on a distinguished road
RedTaco2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbergeron23 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I will try that one tomorrow morning. If it doesn't fix the
problem, I might have to consider a aftermarket amp to boost the volume some. Thanks again.
No problem, I think it will help but adding an amp would be best. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #522
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
subddddddd
Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #523
Got contact pictures to work.

With some trial and error I was able to get my contact pictures to show up. To accomplish this I had to create new contacts for each of the favorites I wanted without email addresses. What I found out was when there is an email address associated to the contact in my phone the favorites contact on the head unit cannot display the picture. I was able to prove this by adding an email address to one favorite which made the picture disappear from the head unit. Once I took the email away it came back. Weird problem, I hope they eventually provide a fix for this.

P.S., be mindful of joined contacts in your phone if you try this. My phone automatically joined the new contacts at first since the name and number matched.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #524
RCN Member
nickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nice

Name: Nick
nickonfire700's Tacoma Gallery
I have a quick question for anyone that has a 2014 radio. Is it possible to fast forward a song that's playing off a CD? Or is that something only older radios could do?
Thank you
Old 06-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #525
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2014 View Post
With some trial and error I was able to get my contact pictures to show up. To accomplish this I had to create new contacts for each of the favorites I wanted without email addresses. What I found out was when there is an email address associated to the contact in my phone the favorites contact on the head unit cannot display the picture. I was able to prove this by adding an email address to one favorite which made the picture disappear from the head unit. Once I took the email away it came back. Weird problem, I hope they eventually provide a fix for this.

P.S., be mindful of joined contacts in your phone if you try this. My phone automatically joined the new contacts at first since the name and number matched.
I think i'd rather just not have pictures show up on my radio than have double inputs for every contact. Doesn't sound worth it to me. To each their own though.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #526
mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough

Name: SilverSurfer
mking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic77 View Post
Anyone else notice it's hard to find in the list all your stations in pandora If you have quite a few saved
I have to go to the top or bottom station to get it to advance to next set of stations that you can't see
Just curious if anyone else has found a solution
I notice when I'm driving not all my saved stations show, once I'm at a complete stop I can scroll through all of them so annoying especially on the frwy
Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #527
I like the 3 panel display option allowing quick access to contact favorites, weather and audio.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #528
2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of
2014 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
is it possible to get voice navigation through a phone on an entune plus?
Old 06-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #529
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like the 3 panel display option allowing quick access to contact favorites, weather and audio.

how did you do this? i am always flipping back and froth for the weather update.
also. does anyone know how it does the current outside weather? does it have a sensor or uses weather channel info? I find its warmer outside then what it says.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #530
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Guess they've done some pretty big changes to the 2014 radios. I'm kind of jealous. My 2012 is pretty basic.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #531
SOCO Taco is on a distinguished road

Army: Master EOD Tech, SFC, Ret, DAV
Name: BSR
SOCO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
how did you do this? i am always flipping back and froth for the weather update.
also. does anyone know how it does the current outside weather? does it have a sensor or uses weather channel info? I find its warmer outside then what it says.
I think the updates come from the Weather Channel. I traveled from Colo to GA, and back. Sometime I was in rural areas and there was no update for that area, as the last info was from the previous metro area. Personally I hate the weather app with a passion. When I fire up the truck I can readings from Denver to Pueblo, its like I have no idea what the local weather is until I start driving and the channel finally gets my location right.
Had the system replaced because the old radio would lock or freeze up. The new radio actually seems to have a couple more options. I dont have that JBL version, and the new one doesnt either. Maybe there were a few minor changes. The map data was not in the new radio, had to go back to the dealer and ask "WTF", they ordered a new SD card and will load when it arrives.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #532
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Android 4.4.2 on my Note 2 allowed my music on Spotify on my phone to show what's playing on my Entune in the truck. Finally!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #533
(-1)^(1/2)
kasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasnerd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
kasnerd's Tacoma Gallery
Just chipping in my findings

'14 DCSB OR, Entune Plus, Navi (non jbl)

Using a Galaxy S3, cyanogenmod 11 and connecting through Bluetooth...

Works: Pandora, PowerAMP, Stock audio player (BT conntects, auto plays, kinda annoying, but meh). Call audio is good, contacts sync, phone history. Apps use data over BT fine.

Not working: New email/text notification/display.

Gripes: When using aux, too bad it doesn't pull Metadata for gracenotes via BT.

If anyone would like me to test/check something, let me know. I have several 'retired' android devices for testing purposes.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #534
BitterTroll is on a distinguished road

Name: Seth
BitterTroll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma7594 View Post
Using a Galaxy S3, cyanogenmod 11 and connecting through Bluetooth...

Not working: New email/text notification/display.
Same android setup. Glad to know I am not the only one without the text message notification. Mort audio book player works fine.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #535
Quadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant future

Air Force: Surveillance
Name: Don
Quadsix's Tacoma Gallery
this is a good thread so far....
Old 06-15-2014, 05:51 AM   #536
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Sorry for the delay in my response, at the moment TWs email notifications are not working. I have a 2014 Entune Audio Plus model 57090. In order to do this you would choose Settings>Home Screen>Three Panel. On that page you will have the choice to set two or three panel, then you have the choice of what you want to display on each panel. As for the weather, it is provided over the HD radio signal. That is why it is not always available or provides the exact location your in. I have noticed it providing a neighboring towns weather so I just go to Apps>Weather where I can choose 1. Current Weather 2. Recently checked locations 3. National cities 4. Other local cities. Good luck.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #537
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterTroll View Post
Same android setup. Glad to know I am not the only one without the text message notification. Mort audio book player works fine.
I'm using iPhone but should be same idea. To get messaging to work I had to go into settings and turn on mms messaging. Works fine now but I just prefer to look at my phone( while not driving of course) !
Old 06-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #538
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickonfire700 View Post
I have a quick question for anyone that has a 2014 radio. Is it possible to fast forward a song that's playing off a CD? Or is that something only older radios could do?
Thank you
In my 2014 Entune Audio Plus I can fast forward a song from a CD by holding the seek> button. <track button provides the ability to rewind. I can also do this from the steering wheel by using the left and right directions of the toggle. Up and down of the toggle provide next and previous tracks.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014 tacoma View Post
is it possible to get voice navigation through a phone on an entune plus?
This does work as long as you have Bluetooth audio selected as your source.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #540
2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of2014 tacoma has much to be proud of
2014 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This does work as long as you have Bluetooth audio selected as your source.
Thanks, I'll try it again and make sure I have that selected.