Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Old 08-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #521
jfwalsh is on a distinguished road

jfwalsh's Tacoma Gallery
ABSOLUTELY!!!

The only problem I have with the entune unit occurs when using my ipod. I can expect at least one "freeze" on any given trip when the ipod is connected. Not sure exactly what it is, but at some point there is a guaranteed need to reboot the entire system.

Its a damn shame too, because the ipod (my unit is entune with nav, but no jbl 2014) offers far and away, the best sound quality through the deck, superior to bluetooth.

I wish there was a fix, but I am not holding out much hope. I always hope to get an hour out of the ipod (long drive) before having to reboot. But, once I reboot, it seems good to go.

Seems to be worse if the navigation is running as well.

Mine is a 120gb ipod classic as well.
Using ipod cable into USB port near cupholders.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #522
LarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant future

Air Force: E5, HD
LarryM04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmorton View Post
Every time I receive a text on my Galaxy S5 it powers off my radio. It comes back on but not getting the text. Any suggestions?
The radio can't seem to read my S5's text messages, but no hiccups when they arrive.

I just got my Tacoma couple weeks ago, it was fresh outta the factory, but as soon as I connected my S5, Entune did an update. Maybe you need this? Are updates always automatic and over the air now?
Old 08-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #523
Incomparable, like...
Yakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Randy
Yakoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwalsh View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!!

The only problem I have with the entune unit occurs when using my ipod. I can expect at least one "freeze" on any given trip when the ipod is connected. Not sure exactly what it is, but at some point there is a guaranteed need to reboot the entire system.

Its a damn shame too, because the ipod (my unit is entune with nav, but no jbl 2014) offers far and away, the best sound quality through the deck, superior to bluetooth.

I wish there was a fix, but I am not holding out much hope. I always hope to get an hour out of the ipod (long drive) before having to reboot. But, once I reboot, it seems good to go.

Seems to be worse if the navigation is running as well.

Mine is a 120gb ipod classic as well.
Using ipod cable into USB port near cupholders.
Sorry to hear you confirm my fears since I think this means I'm SOL until Entune comes up with an update - and even then I'm not confident. Yes, using the same USB port. I don't have the Nav, but same issues.

I tried going to the thumb drive, but that loses all the display metadata on the screen so that's a bad option.

There's definitely an issue with the connection because jiggling it will cause problems, but I don't think it's limited to just the connection either.

I wonder if others with different iPods are getting this issue?
Old 08-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #524
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakoma View Post
Sorry to hear you confirm my fears since I think this means I'm SOL until Entune comes up with an update - and even then I'm not confident. Yes, using the same USB port. I don't have the Nav, but same issues.

I tried going to the thumb drive, but that loses all the display metadata on the screen so that's a bad option.

There's definitely an issue with the connection because jiggling it will cause problems, but I don't think it's limited to just the connection either.

I wonder if others with different iPods are getting this issue?
Maybe time to upgrade the iPod!. My iPod 5th gen no problems. iPhone 5s works great too. Even the ipad connects perfect.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #525
Incomparable, like...
Yakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedYakoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yakoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8keepr View Post
Maybe time to upgrade the iPod!. My iPod 5th gen no problems. iPhone 5s works great too. Even the ipad connects perfect.
That's good to know...I've got an iPhone 5s. Do you connect via USB port or do you use Bluetooth? I definitely don't want to drop big $$ on another iPod unless I'm sure it works, you know?
Old 08-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #526
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakoma View Post
That's good to know...I've got an iPhone 5s. Do you connect via USB port or do you use Bluetooth? I definitely don't want to drop big $$ on another iPod unless I'm sure it works, you know?
I use both connections. Usually Bluetooth. Yea iPods aren't cheap. I've won two 32G out of a kids game at the arcade, for $30.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #527
<---this guy
jmaack is on a distinguished road
jmaack's Tacoma Gallery
So my 5000 mile Tacoma entune radio keeps resetting a couple times within each hour.

Yesterday I changed stations and all radio sound went out. CD worked Bluetooth worked just no radio sound both am and FM. Sounds like this is normal.

Do your replacement radios do this also?

Entune plus no navigation
Old 09-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #528
<---this guy
jmaack's Tacoma Gallery
Also once I shut truck off turned it back on sound was back working.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #529
LarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant futureLarryM04 has a brilliant future

Air Force: E5, HD
LarryM04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaack View Post
So my 5000 mile Tacoma entune radio keeps resetting a couple times within each hour.

Yesterday I changed stations and all radio sound went out. CD worked Bluetooth worked just no radio sound both am and FM. Sounds like this is normal.

Do your replacement radios do this also?

Entune plus no navigation
I think you should bring this to your Toyota service center for replacement. Mine's never reset.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #530
<---this guy
jmaack's Tacoma Gallery
Taking in this Friday. I have heard they replace them but can't find any threads about if the replacement ones fix it or if they will eventually do the same thing.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #531
mikecoscia is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mikecoscia's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having issues getting my messages to sync. Everything else works fine. I have an iPhone 6 on Verizon's network and the correct settings are all checked off. Tried re-paring the phone several times and nothing has worked. Anyone with the same issue?
Old 12-11-2014, 06:20 AM   #532
Bentrodder is on a distinguished road
Bentrodder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecoscia View Post
I'm having issues getting my messages to sync. Everything else works fine. I have an iPhone 6 on Verizon's network and the correct settings are all checked off. Tried re-paring the phone several times and nothing has worked. Anyone with the same issue?
I had this problem with my 6 also. Once it is paired via Bluetooth, go into message settings and switch on get notifications. You only get that option if it is paired with Bluetooth. This worked for me.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #533
Incomparable, like...

Yakoma's Tacoma Gallery
+1

Same thing worked for me with my iPhone 5.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #534
mikecoscia is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mikecoscia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentrodder View Post
I had this problem with my 6 also. Once it is paired via Bluetooth, go into message settings and switch on get notifications. You only get that option if it is paired with Bluetooth. This worked for me.
Already have it checked off. Oddly, I receive text messages while driving. However, it is not promoting me to read them and any prior messages on my iPhone are not being synced up. Phone calls and apps work fine via voice.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #535
Incomparable, like...

Yakoma's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it supports prior messages, or at least I've never seen them. Prompting to listen to them is intermittent, IIRC.

Entune is buggy and this is one of them.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #536
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Entune 3.2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0-.../preview?pli=1

Haven't had time to install yet, my truck is in the shop. Let me know if this works

I didn't realize that my Entune version was old. The download and self install did not work for me but I went to my dealer and they were able to update me to 3.2 for free. No major changes, just subtle tweaks.

3.2.0 fix details

Some 2012 – 2014 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD)
and Entune™ (version less than 3.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
• Roads flash on and off in certain zoom levels (when Entune is in use)
• Discolored bands appear across the screen (when Entune is in use)
• Map area on the screen is black and only buttons are visible (when Entune is in use)
• Navigation freezes (when Entune is in use)
• When Bluetooth is the last audio mode selected in previous ignition cycle, audio source switches
back to Bluetooth when another source is selected immediately after the engine starts
Updated system software is now available to address these conditions.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #537
GO PATS!
YanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant futureYanE30M3 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 2T --> 9L
Name: Yan
YanE30M3's Tacoma Gallery
Read about the Entune update, gonna try it out
Old 01-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #538
Incomparable, like...

Yakoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the non-Nav head unit in a 2014. Is there an Entune update for this any newer than 2013? I couldn't apply the above update to my unit.