Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #101
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I'll follow.. nothing you said makes any sense to me.. so sounds like you kow more than me.. keep digging.. :-)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #102
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds to me like the nano flux driver needs to root the 2.1 seed of the proto-driven modular capacitator without necessarily flashing the RAM state particulator. If you can clear that up, I think we can circumvent the problem with the lybians.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #103
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
^definitly.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #104
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
I'm a nerd. I'm picking apart the files on the ISO as I type.

So far I've learned (if this is duplicative, my apologies) that the Entune unit is ARM-based and runs QNX. The latter is an issue for me, as I haven't touched QNX since 2004 or so, and that was still the 4.x release tree, I think. It also looks like there is a 1GB Hynix NAND flash chip in the unit, so there is potentially lots of space to play with.

I haven't actually run the update yet, but if anyone has any more tech info to share, actual hacks (nothing illicit, but improvements) or wants to follow along with what I'm doing (or trying to do), let me know and I'll start a new thread.
i dont know what you just said...but sounds like if you could make this unit half usable from what Toyota is doing with it, im all about that.

yeah i get the same error when trying to tether bluetooth.
on the Entune site it goes through the steps for setting up bluetooth tethering for the iphone, you start by using the USB connection to set it up, then its supposed to reconnect via bluetooth.... but the steps are not possible the way the system works as far as the prompts and such. it says the audio most be off whne hooking up USB, but as soon as I do, my ipod takes over (another small peeve of mine, every time i hook the usb, the frikking ipod takes over), so i cant follow the orders to tether after that.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #105
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Maybe my USB port is bunk lol. I have reformatted the stick. Copied the ISO to the thumb drive along wity the text file. I have extracted the contents of the ISO to the thumb drive and tried again like the instructions said. I know it gets power becuse I have charged my phone with it.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #106
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundletaint View Post
It sounds to me like the nano flux driver needs to root the 2.1 seed of the proto-driven modular capacitator without necessarily flashing the RAM state particulator. If you can clear that up, I think we can circumvent the problem with the lybians.
Are they neighbors to the vulvalarians? Cause you will never figure out their problems.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #107
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the Upgrade pack in the mail today.

It includes a 2 gig USB drive. To update to 2.1.0.

I am going to have to say the whole entune thing still sucks.

Has anyone here that has it been able to make it work flawlessly?

As far as my experience goes so far I would not recommend this to anyone at all.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #108

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
heres the page that takes you though the steps to tether the iPhone to the system....it dont work for shit in my case, maybe one of you can figure it out, hey Toyota! get your act straight for fucks sake!

http://www.toyota.com/entune/learnin...air-phone.html
Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #109
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Got the install up and running. The thumb drive I was using wasn't working so I used another boom.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #110
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafahey View Post
I've uploaded the Entune update to my public Dropbox account. There are two files - the ISO image and a text log file. Copy these two files to a USB stick.

Step by step:
1) Start truck and keep it running the whole time
2) Turn on audio system, press the "Apps" button
3) Put in the USB stick
4) Let it read the stick, then screen will display:
"Update software from 1.8.4 to 2.1.0? Click Yes
5) Press confirm, takes about 5 minutes to install (keep truck running)
6) Message on screen says:
"Update Complete, Remove USB or press YES to reinstall 2.1.0"
Click No
7) Finished!

The two files:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46931217/swdl.iso

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46931217/En...te/swdlLog.txt
YOU ARE THE MAN! Just updated my system. Thanks. +1 rep for you sir.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:46 AM   #111
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys.

What it means. The head unit, which appears to be a Harmon-Kardon device (they also own JBL, if memory serves) uses a pretty typical processor (ARM, its family is also used in things like the iPad and iPhone) and a Real-Time Operating System called "QNX Neutrino" - it's sort of an oddball Unix-variant (pre-dates Linux by about 10 years).

If you poke around the ISO, for example, you can find the graphics the Entune unit uses for the Nav app (just an example, lots of other stuff there too). Many of the images are crappy .bmp files, so it's probably possible to replace them with custom icons, make new splash screens, etc.

The software to do over-the-air updates (OTA) is also in place, and those will be accomplished via a secure HTTP (https) connection. It doesn't look like the partner sites are up and functional, yet.

What I really need is to take apart an Entune unit and see how you get a console hooked up to it. I'm trying to find out how the operating system is set up, because frankly the Entune system sucks ass. I see no reason why (other than time to devise code) you couldn't turn the Entune unit into a general-purpose in-car computer.

If anyone comes across a cheap one for sale, let me know and I'll put it on the bench and start the dissection. I would guess there is some way to throw it into a diagnostic mode from the touch screen, but I haven't stumbled across it - yet.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #112
mtwiford is on a distinguished road
mtwiford's Tacoma Gallery
Figured out my BT tether problem. You have to enable DUN/PAN on the settings button( next to the connect to Internet button) on the paired device page. Once I did that, entered my entune I'd, it was good to go. Keep in mind that you still need the tethering plan for this.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #113

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
i sa that screen i thought maybe that swhy i had to do, but i had the same issues i had before update "connection failed". so i went back to disabling that and trying the new way they want you to do it and now it says "unable to connect check entune app is running"

i know you can tether if you use iPhone as a hotspot, but supposedly now with update you can do bluetooth tethering, and even says you can on Entune instructions now, but it dont work ;(

i would go to a dealer but those guys usually dont know anything about Entune
Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #114
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Try un-pairing it completely and then pair it again. Did anyone figure out if there's anything more to the update other than the crApps? How big is the thumb drive storage wise?
Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #115
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Try un-pairing it completely and then pair it again. Did anyone figure out if there's anything more to the update other than the crApps? How big is the thumb drive storage wise?
yep, more apps, better voice command and the ability to get over the air updates. i had the 1.7.4 version before this one. its working so much better now.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #116
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
I just got the Upgrade pack in the mail today.

It includes a 2 gig USB drive. To update to 2.1.0.

I am going to have to say the whole entune thing still sucks.

Has anyone here that has it been able to make it work flawlessly?

As far as my experience goes so far I would not recommend this to anyone at all.
everything on mine works perfect except for having to reconnect often to stream music. im getting the galaxy s 3 here in a few days so im hoping it will stay connected for me.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #117

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the thumb drive form toyota is a 2GB unit....pretty nice one.

it add the crapps, but actually adds some very useful voice commad on top of the ones it already had...so you can actually search bing and look up radio stations etc while driving and such, so far its made entune almost half useful.

i already have a nanny remover so i can operate my navi unit while moving but it is nice using voice commands for search.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #118
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsus View Post
the thumb drive form toyota is a 2GB unit....pretty nice one.

it add the crapps, but actually adds some very useful voice commad on top of the ones it already had...so you can actually search bing and look up radio stations etc while driving and such, so far its made entune almost half useful.

i already have a nanny remover so i can operate my navi unit while moving but it is nice using voice commands for search.
What is this nanny remover you speak of and where can I get one?
Old 07-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #119
mtwiford is on a distinguished road
mtwiford's Tacoma Gallery
Nanny remover?? I'd that hardware or software? Where can I get this?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #120
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafahey View Post
I've uploaded the Entune update to my public Dropbox account. There are two files - the ISO image and a text log file. Copy these two files to a USB stick.

Step by step:
1) Start truck and keep it running the whole time
2) Turn on audio system, press the "Apps" button
3) Put in the USB stick
4) Let it read the stick, then screen will display:
"Update software from 1.8.4 to 2.1.0? Click Yes
5) Press confirm, takes about 5 minutes to install (keep truck running)
6) Message on screen says:
"Update Complete, Remove USB or press YES to reinstall 2.1.0"
Click No
7) Finished!

The two files:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46931217/swdl.iso

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46931217/En...te/swdlLog.txt
Just did the update without acing to wait for the slow-stal service. Can't wait to play with it tomorrow

Thanks fafa