1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's a good price

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PropJet, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Dec 21, 2008 at 7:09 PM
    PropJet

PropJet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, Moto Metal 955's, GoodYear DuraTrac 265/75/16's, N-Fab Nerf Bar
    Hi all, first post here.

I've had an interest in Tacomas for a while now, but only within the last few weeks been seriously considering getting one. What would be considered a good price, relative to MSRP, that is attainable? I visited the local dealer yesterday, and without any haggling the salesman agreed to match a dealer's advertisement 40 miles away for $3500 off MSRP on any 4x4 model. I've got my eyes on an '09 DC with the Off Road and tow packages. MSRP is $31,239, so my price would be $27,739. Would that be a good deal, or are others getting bigger discounts?

Hopefully I'll end up with one, one way or another, and have many more posts to follow! :)

Thanks

2. Dec 21, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.

I would say in todays Market- I would not PAY anything more than 500 over invoice.

You might even be able to get it at invoice and if you want any dealer goodies get them at COST as well at the time of purchase!

3. Dec 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM
    hillbillytaco

hillbillytaco HOT!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    westbyGodvirginia
    Vehicle:
    06 impulse red trd off road dc v6 6spd
    i would say not to bad. the dealers don't haggle around here they say pay the sticker or go without pretty much. but seriously you owe it to yourself to set your ass in a tacoma. i'm sayin that you will never own another brand. my wife has an eddie bauer expedition top of the line deal. in all honestly i think it rides like a tricycle compared to my truck. so as long as i can afford it i'll drive a toyota. oh and welcome to "THE WORLD"

4. Dec 21, 2008 at 7:25 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Yeah dude, you will not regret it. I love this truck. Even my wife cant believe how smooth the ride is for a truck. Cheap level lift up front and bigger tires, but traction and hard cornering not compromised. She even stated that she would not take corners in her SUV the way my truck can. Thats a plus cause Im trying to get her in a 09 DC Longbed myself...:D:D:D

5. Dec 21, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    PropJet

PropJet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, Moto Metal 955's, GoodYear DuraTrac 265/75/16's, N-Fab Nerf Bar
    According to the Kelley Blue Book site, the price I was given would be under invoice. :thumbsup:

6. Dec 21, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Unless you're paying cash, you should be looking for 0% financing. I know Toyota here had this offer for almost a month. Haven't seen it lately.

Products Discussed in

To Top