1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Differences between 2006 Prerunner access cab, and 2009+ Prerunner access cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KaosTsoc, May 3, 2012.

1. May 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    KaosTsoc

KaosTsoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Hood Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    Hello all,
    Hello again. I have some questions about the differences between 2006 Prerunner access cabs, and 2009+ Prerunner access cabs. The reason I ask this is, because I am thinking of trading my 2006 for a new model. However, I am having two very nice sealed sub boxes custom built for the back my current truck. My delema though is that when I look at the back seats of 2009, and up models I noticed they completey changed the back seat area. If you look at the link I provided you will see what I am talking about better:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/206843-made-deck-inside-my-access-cab.html

On here is the 2010, and if you go down to post #10 you will see the 2006 model like I have. So, my question is, would it be possible to swap out the back panel on the 2009+ models for the 2006 one? from the research I have done thus far it does not seem like there is that much a difference between the two other than cosmetics. There will be no one that rides in the back so, from a T.D.O.T. (Tx Dept Of Trans) safety prespective I think I am good there. I do also plan on making a platform/deck/subfloor for the back seat area in my current truck like the thread above, but want to when I trade up just move it from one to the other. Any help/thoughts welcomed.

Thank You

2. May 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    KaosTsoc

Member:
    Ft. Hood Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    Ok. So, from the lack of responses I take it you can interchange the back panels then. I mean honestly I have no idea, and I am still new to doing updates, and mods to my truck. I would really hate to have this new sub box built, and do all this work just to find out that all my work was done for nothing. Some one on here has to know for sure if they are interchangeable. I dont know anyone around me that has the new truck that will allow to me try and swap them out..

Thanks.

3. May 8, 2012 at 5:57 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    When the 09's came out, many did not like the new configuration in the rear, myself included. Many really liked the way the seats would fold forward to create the flat storage area. I believe I have read a few threads where guys did change out the rear components back then. I believe it can be done.

4. May 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    KaosTsoc

Member:
    Ft. Hood Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    Thanks for your input. I was thinking it could be done, but with actually swapping them out it is hard to tell by pictures alone. Do you know what threads were listed as so, that I can look them up, and see?

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top