Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toytec installed this weekend

Old 12-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec installed this weekend

Well, I threw a Toytec 3" on a buddy's 2005 taco on Saturday. The install went flawless and quick. I think it only took about 4 hours. He wanted to keep the stock wheels so we used spidertrax spacers in the front. I really like how it turned out.

Sorry but the only camera i had was my phone.

Before:

After:
Old 12-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
If it were my truck i would put them on the back too. I don't think he is too worried about it for another $100. The toytec kit was the one with front coils and rear AAL's.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm guessing spidertrax are some kind of wheel spacers. I am gonna do some searching...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #9
obxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to beholdobxfishn is a splendid one to behold

obxfishn's Tacoma Gallery
A guy at a local tire shop told me that the spidertrax are dangerous to have install on any vehicle. Is this true? I love the way it makes the factory set up stick out a little. His reasoning was that they could separate from the hub under high heat build up from braking. I personally have not heard anything negative other than from this guy. Any thoughts/opinions?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxfishn View Post
A guy at a local tire shop told me that the spidertrax are dangerous to have install on any vehicle. Is this true? I love the way it makes the factory set up stick out a little. His reasoning was that they could separate from the hub under high heat build up from braking. I personally have not heard anything negative other than from this guy. Any thoughts/opinions?
I have heard of problems with them in the past, but nothing within the last few years.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #11
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know how they could separate from the hub. they bold on to the factory studs with red lock tight and then the wheels mount to new studs as you can see from the pic. These spacers are a well made product, I dont have much fear of them at all, specially after running 1/4" auto zone spacers on the front for over 2 years.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #12
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxfishn View Post
I haven't had any problems, but I've only had them on for a month or so. However, silverback07 has been running them for a long time without issues, and he wheels his rig hard! His experiences with them is why I pulled the trigger...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:17 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Stay with the stock shocks?
Yep....... kept the stockers.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
waiting to get toytec coilovers tomorrow wanted to know if ill need anything out back teven it out? im running 285/60-18's and i think imgonna set the springs at 1" and see if it rubs.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
definitely looks good!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #17
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Kasey- What size tires did your buddy go with on that pic?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
What exactly are Toytecs? Any pics?
Old thread, but if I had to guess, it would be 285s or 265s...