I have $5K...help me spend it!

Old 05-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
zerocool120 is on a distinguished road
Army: 11 Bang Bang, 240B Gunner, 25th ID
Name: Mike
zerocool120's Tacoma Gallery
I have $5K...help me spend it!

All,
I would like to add some suspension, wheels/tires and a front bumper/winch to my 2011 Tacoma DCSB. This truck is only used for everyday driving, fire response, trail driving and overlanding. It will never be a rock crawler. My goal is to gain about 2.5-3 inches of lift via suspension and taller tires, while maintaining the best 'flow' with the pre-existing toyota parts.

Front bumper could be able to fit a Superwinch 9.5i SR or 9.5 SR or similar and have space for lights.

Wheels could be the Mojaves or similar and ties have to be Goodyear brand (I get a sweet discount!)

What are your suggestions as to size, brand, etc?

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent with my Paypall info....
Old 05-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
ee1284 is on a distinguished road
ee1284's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
PM sent with my Paypall info....
Saw the thread title and was about to post the exact same thing lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
zerocool120 is on a distinguished road
Army: 11 Bang Bang, 240B Gunner, 25th ID
Name: Mike
zerocool120's Tacoma Gallery
OK, OK...help me spend it on me!

Knew it was coming, but Oh well.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Either go with coilovers (ICON, fox, king) or the OME lift (with 886x coils if your getting a bigger bumper), for bumpers look here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html, I'd also look at some sliders too.... For wheels if you get a discount from goodyear then i'd get some MTR's in 285's or if you want to be big pimpin go with 305's
Old 05-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Put the $5K towards the Principal on your truck!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Coilovers if your budget is $5k. Tint, stereo upgrade, mojaves are sweet, Go with all terrains for a DD.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
This is a tacoma forum not a financial advisor site... Didn't you read the empty wallet warning when you signed up :P
Old 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
heck yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
This is a tacoma forum not a financial advisor site... Didn't you read the empty wallet warning when you signed up :P
ive discovered my "i effing hate having a monthly payment" bug bites me a lot more than the mod bug.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
true, but not all of us are sheep.

if the OP's 2011 truck is not paid for...applying the 5K to the principle balance would be sage advice.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #11

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
true, but not all of us are sheep.

if the OP's 2011 truck is not paid for...applying the 5K to the principle balance would be sage advice.
I was joking... Paying off the truck is always priority before mods. But you expect someone who has $5k to blow to have considered the cost of their truck payments.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery

Lets help him spend his money on what he asked for, not tell him he needs to pay towards principle
Old 05-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
IRA.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
2 words ... Apple stock.
hasn't that train left the station?
Old 05-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
$4k against the balance and $1k on stuff. Depending on what you payments are, you can figure out what the $4k saves you in non-deductible interest. ( ie - money you pay for virtually nothing). If it saves you $250 just say, then you get $5250 worth of value out of the $5k and you get to spend a little on some stuff.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
you could buy my car so ill have more money for mods
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #20
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
All pro bumpers and sliders, coil overs with upper control arms! Tint, retrofit headlights, exhaust, intake, headers. The list is infinite (can someone insert the sideways 8 infinite sign)