1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aftermarket scooped hood problem?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by maxpower29, May 7, 2012.

1. May 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    Rockstar

Rockstar Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curtis
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma sport black on black
    Rocking jbl system, 6" fab tech lift, 20" rockstar wheels, 295/55/20 Nitto trail grappler M/T, TRD exhaust, K&N air filter, Bak flip HD, Toyota bed mat, Nerf bars, Weather tech floor mats, tinted windows, emergency battery operated flash light /air compressor.
    I ordered mine for my 2011 on line. I got the hood for like $120 bucks and insert costs about $145 bucks. It was rediculous, I was so pissed. Had to pay shipping on hood and paid someone a $130 bucks to paint hood white like truck. I ordered black insert, someone on here had theirs done that way. It looked good. By the time I was done, it cost me about $600 bucks. Traded truck in 3 months later. The dealerships will get theirs. They gave me $27,000 trade in value, they have it on their lot for sale for $33,944.

2. May 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    12 Taco DCSB TRD Off Road
    LED interior, rail mounted ammo cans
    im calling Toyo of Dallas for door handles. My local dealership wanted $200 for color matched double cab handles. Not looking to spend that much. Thanks for the tip Rich

3. May 17, 2012 at 4:09 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Don't get me wrong but you can't be upset with the dealership setting a price on something they paid for.

You agreed to sell it to them (I assume that it was your choice) at a price. At that point your part of the tranaction was completed.

They are in the business to make $$$ ... if they weren't they would not last long.

4. May 17, 2012 at 4:29 AM
    Joben7726

Joben7726 wes mantooth ™

Member:
    First Name:
    Joben
    Western PA/Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    Trail limo
    more than list-able
    Even roof racks???

Products Discussed in