LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why the hell can't I sell my truck?

Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #21
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ agreed, I know it might be different factors (mileage, double cab, etc.) But you can get a 6 cylinder for 23k. It might be tough, but expand your marker base, your buyer is out there.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #22
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
which one?
something funny?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #23
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
what are ya talking about? I figured the color would be my biggest selling point?!
It's possible but if it were black,white,grey, or red you might have better luck. I haven't seen too many Pyrite Mica Tacomas...either way good luck with the sale
Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #24
034RUNNER is on a distinguished road
034RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post an ad? I'm good with stuff like this - sorry if it was in the first post and I missed it.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #25
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
just giving you a hard time

How decent are the pictures of your truck. buyers want to see nice photos, blurry cell phone pictures in a car add are a huge turn off.
I got HDR iPhone pics (whatever that means) pretty good quality unless they want to see individual blades of grass reflecting off my paint.

I also listed how I've had seat covers on since I picked it up from the dealership AND how I have a Toyota 6 year 120,000 bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
here's the autotrader ad, cars.com one is the same just a different site.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=320943034
Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #27
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
drop the price to 18k ........

your ad needs more pics
Old 05-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #28
2012 DCLB
gsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Yeoman
Name: Douglas
gsxrdoug's Tacoma Gallery
If you take it to a dealer they will low ball you. For that trade-in value of 20k they may offer you 13-15k. Best stick with private sale and lower it down to the 20k mark if you can.
I don't know how the market is for a 4cyc extended cab?

Just looked at your ad and like others you need to break the paragraph up into section. Get mileage the same as well. Very nice looking truck though and clean. Maybe its WV?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #29
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I think your price is too high...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #30
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
I would take pictures with the seat covers off. I know it is a pain but most will think you are just hiding something.

Also the mods are likely killing off he % of people looking to buy the truck.

If you are really die hard in selling the truck. I would convert back to stock. You will get back most of your money selling the parts and stock parts are cheap if you sold them already.

Most people look and see decreased MPG due to the tires, poor ride since it is lifted, loud tires, missing center caps, headers a whole list of problems since they worry about emissions, leaking, rusting out, under hood temps, burning things. Also some will think your warranty is voided since you modded the truck. It is true trying to get any warranty work done on a modded truck is a pain, they go out of their way to blame the mods.

Just being honest. If you are a tacoma enthusiast it is apparently a nice truck but the average joe looking to buy which is 98% of the people out there will think just what I posted above.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
A quick search of Carmax dealerships produced a couple trucks similar to yours. Both in the $23,000 range, however both were v6 trucks. I think you price may be a little high and all the modifications would make me nervous.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #32
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #33
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
If you want $20k, just list it at "$20k firm". I'd push the fuel efficiency of the 4-cylinder as well.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Extended cab, 4 banger, stick shift. and $23K.

Thats why you can't sell it. Most people want 4 doors or V6 autos. Your truck has a small market.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
I would take pictures with the seat covers off. I know it is a pain but most will think you are just hiding something.

Also the mods are likely killing off he % of people looking to buy the truck.

If you are really die hard in selling the truck. I would convert back to stock. You will get back most of your money selling the parts and stock parts are cheap if you sold them already.

Most people look and see decreased MPG due to the tires, poor ride since it is lifted, loud tires, missing center caps, headers a whole list of problems since they worry about emissions, leaking, rusting out, under hood temps, burning things. Also some will think your warranty is voided since you modded the truck. It is true trying to get any warranty work done on a modded truck is a pain, they go out of their way to blame the mods.

Just being honest. If you are a tacoma enthusiast it is apparently a nice truck but the average joe looking to buy which is 98% of the people out there will think just what I posted above.
I'm going to take the pics of the mods down, not even lisst the headers, and just list the lift.

Also going back to stock I'd have to get wheels, tires and stock suspension.. fuck that'd be a pain.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #36
it's a 2011 with 23k miles.. with an extended warranty.. and over 2k in parts.. 22k is not a bad asking price. (yes I know mods don't add value)
Old 05-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #37
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
-as previously stated, restore the stock suspension and lose the seat covers.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
No mods don't add value, but they drop the value of any car/truck you mod. You'll never make your money back on the price you paid for mods even with a buyer who is looking at modding a truck.

Plus the way I look at it, I could of bought a modded truck for cheaper. But that takes the fun out of doing the mods, and you never know who drove it before you. Normally suspension mods means you like to do some good off-roading. For someone looking for a daily driver, all those mods you have just throw up a red flag for abuse on the truck that they don't want to deal with.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #39
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mods don't add value to the truck unless someone us willing to pay for them.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #40
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
it's a 2011 with 23k miles.. with an extended warranty.. and over 2k in parts.. 22k is not a bad asking price. (yes I know mods don't add value)
Hell I agree. Believe me in the westeren states, you'd sell it fast for that price. Those are nice upgrades. If they're done right, of course they can add value to the vehicle. (now if you did a shitty install it's another matter). But done right ...

So what kind of gas mileage are you seeing out of it since the mods?