Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why the hell can't I sell my truck?

Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #81
Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Stalker View Post
i buy and sell cars, im a dealer. Here is why you cant sell your truck. The psecific trim of you rtruck is not in demand at all. Tacomas are HOT in the market and they are known to hold up their value. If someone wants a Tacoma they are looking for v6, AT, DC, 4x4 and if possible a TRD package. Only a selct few settle for the access cab, MT and 4 banger. Sorry but this is the truth. Your truck is priced right for the value but you just have to be patient and hopefully you will get lucky. If you need the cash that bad, you will be better off just selling it to a dealer but dont expect anything above 18k for it from the dealer.
^ This is spot on, including the last line. He knows the market, as did the dealerships that quoted me "buy it" prices for my low mileage DC Sport that recently went down the road for a trade in on... your trucks twin, in a 2012 with 4,000 miles on the odometer. That unit, for just $500 more than your asking price, was a pavement queen I found already wearing new sneakers, complete with PC wheels and + 2 sized Goodyear Kevlars.

Mine was a rare find, in that it hadn't been on so much as a dirt road yet and nor ever was it in Cali to be launched off a dune. Your truck will sell, but you need to wait for the right buyer. Getting anxious to move it will likely end up costing you more in the long run. As others have said, losing the "kid style" modded up ad will help a great deal. I too would have ran your ad over and not bothered to back up based on its original wording. Dropping over 20 large on a used truck puts you in a bad bracket, in so far as the cost and benefit of buying new isn't that much further away.

I would put it back to stock, as in make it smell stock... list it as such and it will sell faster than the previously marketed attempt. There are guys like me who have done the mod thang, and just simply prefer to run em as they make 'em.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #82
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBow View Post
^ This is spot on, including the last line. He knows the market, as did the dealerships that quoted me "buy it" prices for my low mileage DC Sport that recently went down the road for a trade in on... your trucks twin, in a 2012 with 4,000 miles on the odometer. That unit, for just $500 more than your asking price, was a pavement queen I found already wearing new sneakers, complete with PC wheels and + 2 sized Goodyear Kevlars.

Mine was a rare find, in that it hadn't been on so much as a dirt road yet and nor ever was it in Cali to be launched off a dune. Your truck will sell, but you need to wait for the right buyer. Getting anxious to move it will likely end up costing you more in the long run. As others have said, losing the "kid style" modded up ad will help a great deal. I too would have ran your ad over and not bothered to back up based on its original wording. Dropping over 20 large on a used truck puts you in a bad bracket, in so far as the cost and benefit of buying new isn't that much further away.

I would put it back to stock, as in make it smell stock... list it as such and it will sell faster than the previously marketed attempt. There are guys like me who have done the mod thang, and just simply prefer to run em as they make 'em.
thanks for a year old bump. also keep the political to yourself.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #83
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Ninja edit
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #84
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
You're welcome.

Man, I need more coffee... I completely missed the date.

Didn't mean to bunch up your political position there sunshine, gotta love the ninja.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #85
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBow View Post
You're welcome.

Man, I need more coffee... I completely missed the date.

Didn't mean to bunch up your political position there sunshine, gotta love the ninja.
it's against the site rules. has nothing to do with individual thoughts.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #86

TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Oh... ok, I will refrain.

Love your profile pic BTW.

Touche~