Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why the hell can't I sell my truck?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Why the hell can't I sell my truck?

I've posted ads on cars.com, autotrader.com, every craigslist in WV (multiple times) and I haven't gotten one offer or even an email asking questions..

I know there's nothing wrong with my ads, I know I'm not asking too much, is it just because my truck is a 4 cylinder? or what gives?

I'm taking it to some dealerships tomorrow to see what they will offer me, at this point I need the cash too much and I'll take the KBB trade in of 20k.

I figured a Tacoma would be easier to sell, or maybe I've just been on this site too long and I think Tacoma's are the end all be all of the truck world.

EDIT: I made this thread to reach out the TW community for help with selling my truck. I'm open for all suggestions that could help me reach out to a larger market and get my truck sold at a decent price. That is all.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Ihavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to all
Ihavataco98's Tacoma Gallery
if its manual that might be a turnoff, the price could b a problem if its too high, other than that just be patient
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavataco98 View Post
if its manual that might be a turnoff, the price could b a problem if its too high, other than that just be patient
yeah it has the 5-speed in it. I've had it on the market for over a month, just re-upped my cars.com ad and then PAID to put it on autotrader.. It's just bugging me cause I really need the cash.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
what price you posting it at?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
23k OBO, I figured people would jump on that offering me 20k or so, and for a 2011 that's a fucking deal. I'm dropping it to 22k right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think with it being a 4 cylinder that probably turned off a good amount of people.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I think with it being a 4 cylinder that probably turned off a good amount of people.
I figured that'd be a turn off. One guy I met checking out his 1st gen for sale said he'd trade up to my truck if it had the V6..
Old 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
drew840 is on a distinguished road

drew840's Tacoma Gallery
what tires do you have?? And did you paint or plasti dip the wheels??

Do they have Carmax dealerships out in your area?? They usually offer pretty good on used vehicles - as long as you didn't mess with the suspension...
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
How much $$$$ do ya need????
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
I figured that'd be a turn off. One guy I met checking out his 1st gen for sale said he'd trade up to my truck if it had the V6..
Yeah...but just be patient. I'm sure your buyer is out there somewhere.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
ebay auction, starting bid at $0.99, no reserves, truck will sell in 7 days at market price
Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
ebay auction, starting bid at $0.99, no reserves, truck will sell in 7 days at market price
damn risky!!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew840 View Post
what tires do you have?? And did you paint or plasti dip the wheels??

Do they have Carmax dealerships out in your area?? They usually offer pretty good on used vehicles - as long as you didn't mess with the suspension...
I haven't checked into the Carmax thing, though I have done a lot to the suspension. I'm running LT255/75R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on rattlecanned wheels.

and jesus, that depends on whether you're just curious or you're a buyer
Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Sold it, dont miss it yet.
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Modded
Manual
4cyl

Not a huge market share looking for those options.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Maybe they have read the threads where you mobbed it offroad and your wheel fell off
anyone into off-roading wouldn't mind too much, and the dealership fixed me up after that and I can show them the paperwork.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe they have read the threads where you mobbed it offroad and your wheel fell off
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavataco98 View Post
All of these. Seems like the market is for v6's, auto, not damaged due to off road use.

Keep at it, someone WILL buy it sooner or later. GLWS
Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #17
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
damn risky!!
kinda, but OP just has to blast his ebay sales page on every car forum, CL that he can find.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't even received a single call then your price could be the issue. Every car I've posted on AutoTrader sold within a week. It is a distressed market...just because your vehicle may be worth something doesn't mean people will pay. Maybe it's the color?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL that's what I thought also...I remember the thread a while back when he was stuck
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
If you haven't even received a single call then your price could be the issue. Every car I've posted on AutoTrader sold within a week. It is a distressed market...just because your vehicle may be worth something doesn't mean people will pay. Maybe it's the color?
what are ya talking about? I figured the color would be my biggest selling point?!