1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats a good remoter starter

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wado66, May 7, 2012.

1. Aug 2, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    Autopage, been working perfectly for years now.

2. Aug 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    wado66

wado66 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well I ended up going with the Viper 4204. Wasn't too interested in the security alarm so I thought that would be a good choice for me.
    So far this thing is great. I was concerned about all of my locks working after the install but everything works correctly. (I just saw a few issues in other forums that there were some back doors that wouldn't lock/unlock.)
    This thing installed wasn't as cheap as I thought it was going to be though. I went with Cartronics because they will warranty their parts and labor to match Viper's. Which is lifetime. So I figured thats got to be worth paying a little more. Anyway we will see how it holds up.

3. Aug 6, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    wado66

wado66 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just an update to this post.
    As of today this remote is still holding up well.
    The only issue I have had with system is the remote controls. Both had to be replaced because they quit working.
    Viper replaced both with newer models at no cost and free shipping.
    Thumbs up to these guys!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top