Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Off to the dealer again

Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
NorCal Rock Whore
Killer Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Whatsurname
Killer Red Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Off to the dealer again

Well today I am off to the dealer today. I am going to try to get the heater gremlins out (aka blower ticking) also going to give the driveline vibration a try, and also the darn intake rattle. I will let you all know all the out come.

That heater gremlin is really getting on my nerves as is the intake rattle, it makes my truck sound like a POS.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
let us know on the heater rattle, mine has started a little and it is driving me nucking futs
Old 12-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Heater rattle?? You mean blower noise "tick, chirp" on low setting?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
mine is doing it too but I'm out of warranty
Do you know if this is a Denso motor?? I can't fathom a Denso motor doing this so early on. I'm guessing it's a crap Delco/Delphi domestic motor as most of our hvac is in these trucks.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Heater rattle?? You mean blower noise "tick, chirp" on low setting?
Mine makes the same friggin' noise and I'm out of warranty as well. Any cures out there????
Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
on my 2000 i removed the fan and shot it with some WD-40, it worked for a while, i wonder if that would work here?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I can not get on toyota nation, i have not been able to in 7 months arg!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 106Tacoma View Post
I can not get on toyota nation, i have not been able to in 7 months arg!
Here ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedoc
I've found the reason for the ticking sound. My dealer kept saying "normal" and "there are leaves in the fan". I kept telling them otherwise until I got pissed enough to just take apart the blower fan and see where EXACTLY the sound was coming from. The sound is coming from the metal faceplace which covers the wire spool around the spindle of the fan. the faceplace must be balanced properly because it holds in place the spindle which is rotating for the fan to blow. when the faceplace is off balance by one of two screws that holds it in place, the fan ticks like a MF'er....as you balance the plate, the tick goes away and is as quiet as a mouse.

#1 I took my glove box completely off making sure to release the springy thing first on the right side towards the passenger door and then just popped her out.

#2 I then got out my trusty ratchet with a 5.5mm socket and removed 3 screws on the underside of the blower....the fan will slide out easily. leave the wires attached (be careful as the fan is still runnin' lectric)

#3 let down the door that holds the cabin filter in and remove filter. now you can reach up in there and see if any of those mysterious leaves are present. blow it out with your air compressor or just root your hand around in there to get anything out.

#4 hold the black plastic fan housing in your hand carefully and reach over and turn your a/c on the low setting (BE CAREFUL as that thing is quick to get away from you and can take a nub off pretty quickly) make sure you can hear the sound coming from the assembly in your hand. If so, move to step #5.

#5 remove the covering with a phillips screwdriver (4 screws - i think) and remove that cover to reveal a silver metal cover with TWO (2) lubed screws. THESE ARE THE SCREWS THAT MUST BE BALANCED. Take a pair of vice grips and grab the black housing with them so you can get your hands away from the moving fan and so you can hold it steady. then use your phillips screwdriver on one of the two screws and notice how you can make the sound/tick worse as you tighten one of the screws.....too tight and the fan slows down and/or TICKS, too loose and the fan slows down....(spindle getting in a bind).

There is a point where the fan will turn fastest and the sound will disappear magically. You'll see what I'm talking about once you're in there adjusting the screws to find that perfect point.

#6 re-assemble and enjoy!

I hope this helps a few people that have this ANNOYING sound!

sometimes it just takes getting pissed off.....damn delphi.

Why didn't they have metal stoppers under those screws or not have the spindle held still by a moveable plate......argh....

I think that over time, those screws are backing out at different rates, which makes the spindle bind up and/or ticking sound occur......
Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
Fantastic (! Sorry !)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Cheers
Old 12-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
NorCal Rock Whore
Killer Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok so the squirrel in the blower made a nest of leaves, and that was the problem, in hind sight I should have just opened it up and looked.

They are ordering parts for the driveline and intake tube, If the driveline still vibrates in the future I will be putting on a one piece driveline. But this is free.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #13
NorCal Rock Whore

I picked up my truck yesterday and I get half way home and the damn chirping starts again. So I called the service writer and wanted to blame the cabin air filter because I didn't let them change it. I told him that is crock of shit and I will prove it not the filter on my next visit. Also I need to get refunded for what I paid you.