Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New photos after lift/wheels/tires

Old 05-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
New photos after lift/wheels/tires

Hello all,

I took my newly modified truck to a local business parking garage for some photos, and these are a few of the best shots I got. I just got my truck last Saturday, and I have nothing but great things to say. She was bone stock from CarMax when I got her.

Since then I've added the Ultra Type 164 16x8, wrapped in BFG 285/75's, added 1.25" spidertrax spacers, and installed the Pro Comp leveling kit w/o using the diff drop. This is a temporary lift until I fully save up for my OME kit, which I hope to have installed by the end of May.

Plans for the truck include a Bestop Supertop, OME lift, BHLM, Satoshi Grill, Roof Rack, Demello Offroad bumpers and sliders, CB Radio, and Icon UCA's.

Thanks for looking!

10 Minutes after purchase!

Today

Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics and nice looking truck! Welcome
Old 05-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
HIM
eh2win is on a distinguished road

eh2win's Tacoma Gallery
damn it man now i really wanna get some 285's lol nice truck and the pics look great
Old 05-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Damn those tires are wide!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fantastic. Any rubbing with the 285s?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Looks fantastic. Any rubbing with the 285s?
Thanks! Yes, I had to trim quite a bit around the inside of the fender flares and the bottom of wheel wells, but I still rub on the cab mount. I think the OME lift will take care of that. Until then, I'm making 3 point turns to park and 5 point turns to make U-turns

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
What headlights do you have? H.i.d. Or replacement bullbs
They are 4000k HID's with 35w ballasts. Just a drop in kit.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Hello all,

I took my newly modified truck to a local business parking garage for some photos, and these are a few of the best shots I got. I just got my truck last Saturday, and I have nothing but great things to say. She was bone stock from CarMax when I got her.

Since then I've added the Ultra Type 164 16x8, wrapped in BFG 285/75's, added 1.25" spidertrax spacers, and installed the Pro Comp leveling kit w/o using the diff drop. This is a temporary lift until I fully save up for my OME kit, which I hope to have installed by the end of May.

Plans for the truck include a Bestop Supertop, OME lift, BHLM, Satoshi Grill, Roof Rack, Demello Offroad bumpers and sliders, CB Radio, and Icon UCA's.

Thanks for looking!

10 Minutes after purchase!

Today

Looks good...are you goin' off roading now? You might just lose those rear mud flaps too, I did....
Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
REBELTACO

I'm a bit scared to take her off road with only the Pro Comp spacer lift...if anything, just some mild dirt road fun. After I install the OME lift, you wont be able to find me on pavement

And I'm stuck on the mudflaps...I like the 4x4 but they're useless now since my tires stick out further. I'll try taking them off and see how I like them.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
jdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of light
jdm.obp's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good man. glad you got your wheel problems resolved.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #15
andercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Calvin
andercal000's Tacoma Gallery
damn sexy! SO clean man
Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
REBELTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm.obp View Post
truck looks good man. glad you got your wheel problems resolved.
Yes thanks. I read a writeup on the Spidertrax spacers by a team of engineers and how the factory wheels are more likely to break than the spacers. That put my mind at ease, and I went for them instead of selling a sweet set of new wheels.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I'm a bit scared to take her off road with only the Pro Comp spacer lift...if anything, just some mild dirt road fun. After I install the OME lift, you wont be able to find me on pavement

And I'm stuck on the mudflaps...I like the 4x4 but they're useless now since my tires stick out further. I'll try taking them off and see how I like them.

You won't miss them once you start real off road wheelin'! Get that OME and come join us at Rausch Creek in PA, we'll show you the way!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #18
REBELTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
You won't miss them once you start real off road wheelin'! Get that OME and come join us at Rausch Creek in PA, we'll show you the way!

Haha I bet! I already can't stand them...It rides worse than my old GTI on lowered coilovers...

And I've done my fair share of wheelin', just never in the Taco I can't wait though!