LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camber issue?

Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
Camber issue?

Hey just a real quick question, i just installed my camburg 4" spindles and had an alignment already and my camber on left front is at .9 and right front is at .6, should i try to get it to a perferct 0? and am i even capable of doing it with stock UCA's? i ask because id prefer to have the absolutle best tire ware over the life of my tires. Please dont relate it to off roading.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
What shocks do you have on the front? Any lift in addition to the spindles?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
running the toytec top plate spacer for taco lean and still running stock billys up front. other then that its all spindle
Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
That would explain the difference between left and right sides. Best bet for dead-zero camber would be the Light Racing UCAs since they're adjustable.

The cheaper option would be to just rotate the tires every 5k miles to make sure everything wears as evenly as possible and leave it at that.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Air Force:
ok thank you! now im going to thread jack my own thread . after installing the spindles i now have an intense steering wheel shake from 40-60 mph that wasnt there yesterday before i installed the spindles so im ruling out a tire balance and or tire issue. what else could it be that was affected during a spindle change?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #6

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Could be any number of things...bad alignment, worn tie rod ends, worn UCA/LCA bushings, wheel bearings, etc.

Heck, it could even be a matter of swapping wheels from driver to passenger side during the install. That's a no-no with radial tires after they've been mounted but is the cheapest thing to try as a fix.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #8

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
Air Force:
im running Nitto Terra's A/T right now but i put them on with the original "Spacer Lift" that i had when i had some pretty serious positive camber issues. Is it possible that running those tires for the 2 months i ran the spacer lift has messed up the tire hence now the wobble??
Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Very possible if they are cupped like mine. The #1 cause of cupped tires is shock damage, and if you're on spacers, I think it's only exacerbating the problem.

Take the palm of your hand, and place it flat on the outside edge of your tread, and move up or down the tread. Try to feel for any "dips" or "valleys" in the treadwear. If it feels like the tread has worn in a perfect circular motion, they should be fine. But if you do feel like your palm is going up and down on the tread as you slide your hand along it, they are cupped, which is what is causing the steering wobble.

When your tires are cupped, they're essentially bouncing up and down on the road instead of making flat contact with the road. They resonance at those speeds (40-60mph) for whatever reason causes them to bounce intermittently, therefore causing your steering wheel to have a slight wobble.

At least that's how it was explained to me by my trusted tire guys.

**And by the way, Mud tires will always drive like this because the tread is spaced so far out that you get the same effect, but engineered that way.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #12
Air Force:
ya my steering wheel basically feels like its having a seizure but why i dont think the tires are to blame is 24 hrs ago i had absolutley no vibration. the difference between today and yesterday is swapping out my stock spindles for Camburg 4" Spindles, so it only makes sense something in the spindle install is causing this vibration