Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Tacoma Rumors

Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Shhhhh if we are all real quiet maybe this thread will go away and make room for the next Tacoma rumor thread next week.
Or the next diesel derp thread where all the diesel fappers unite and blow loads on the forum?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #42
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
According to the guy under the highway, all cars by 2015 will be driven with your mind. Cars can reject you if you do not have the right mind set or cannot drive very well. If you are drivig and you do something stupid that will get you or someone else killed, your car/or truck will spontaniously catch on fire. This is approved by the government Mars. May cars be with you.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #43
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I heard this rumour that I just made up that the 2013 Tacoma's will come with mini cranes in the box for lifting heavy loads
Old 05-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Yeah, I heard after mod day they were headed to Costco to get a 60 pack of tube socks to hand out for the ultimate fapping experience.

Group Buy
Lol. Sweet deeezull bro. I'm getting stacks and a smoke tune for mine next week. Braaaaaap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
According to the guy under the highway, all cars by 2015 will be driven with your mind. Cars can reject you if you do not have the right mind set or cannot drive very well. If you are drivig and you do something stupid that will get you or someone else killed, your car/or truck will spontaniously catch on fire. This is approved by the government Mars. May cars be with you.
So will we form bonds with the cars like the aliens on Avatar and their flying creatures?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #45
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you are drivig and you do something stupid that will get you or someone else killed, your car/or truck will spontaniously catch on fire.
Toyota is already putting this into a test phase.. still some bugs.

Frank
Old 05-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #46
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes, we will be bound to the car forever, or until it gets lazy and decides that it doesn't like you anymore, then and only then will it crush your brain and combust.

Interesting...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #47
Tortoise*

BTW 69.69696969% of rumors are false

11% of facts are made up
Old 05-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #48
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoftw View Post
..the hilux gets 38.7 mpg COMBINED

easily over 40mpg highway
How do you figure that? According to this site, the 3.0 liter Diesel Hilux consumes 9.3 liters per 100 km. That comes out to about 25.29 miles per gallon. Better efficiency yes, but not by twice.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #49
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Was this in Montrose?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #50
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the 1st gen every few years they changed the front end,
I expect a 3rd gen in 2015
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #51
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
How do you figure that? According to this site, the 3.0 liter Diesel Hilux consumes 9.3 liters per 100 km. That comes out to about 25.29 miles per gallon. Better efficiency yes, but not by twice.
But it's a sick deezull brah.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #52
Tortoise*

Surprisingly no, here's how it happened

Some guy in a beat up can said he wanted to give me candy, so I went over but e said I had to get in. So I went in and he put a bag over my head so I couldn't see where I was. Then we stopped and I got out, and he left after dropping twixs at my feet. Then the guy came up to me and I asked him what he knew about the 2013 tacomas. He said he didn't know anything about them but told me what I told you guys about the 2015 Tacoma. Then the guy in the van came back and repeated the process but dropped me off at a park. Then I followed this person that looked a little shady and then found roads I knew and walked home to tell you all about this
Old 05-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #54
Sumolance is on a distinguished road
Name: Lance
Sumolance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
Look at the 1st gen every few years they changed the front end,
I expect a 3rd gen in 2015
This guy is absolutely correct.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #55
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
The first Gen's had what, three face lifts on essentially the same remainder of the body and platform? I think that's all we are going to get out of them for a while. Maybe Dual VVT-i, but that is even pushing it.

But I did hear that 2013 would get a new larger body, the 5.7 V8, and and name change...here is a spy shot...

If she's included, I'll trade in right now!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #56
Hoist Rider
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The first Gen's had what, three face lifts on essentially the same remainder of the body and platform? I think that's all we are going to get out of them for a while. Maybe Dual VVT-i, but that is even pushing it.

But I did hear that 2013 would get a new larger body, the 5.7 V8, and and name change...here is a spy shot...

Thank you.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #57
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

quoted for the ass
Old 05-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #58
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Same site says the gas equivalent gets 13.0 L/km, or 18 mpg.

25 mpg is not twice as good as 18, but it is significantly better. The EPA says a U.S. double cab 4x2 6cyl auto gets 19mpg combined city/highway, while a DC 4x2 4cyl auto gets 21 mpg. That's only a 10% improvement. If you could get a 25.29 mpg diesel, that would be a 33% improvement.

I think 33% better fuel economy, with 53% more torque (277 lb*ft diesel vs. 180 lb*ft 4cyl) is something a significant number of people would be interested in.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #59
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I want that model!.... no not the truck model. God Bless Texas!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #60
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Same site says the gas equivalent gets 13.0 L/km, or 18 mpg.
You've got it backwards. That's fuel consumption per 100 kilometers. NOT kilometers per liter. More liters per 100km, means worse fuel efficiency.

The guy above was stating that the Diesel Hilux gets 38 to miles per gallon, which isn't the case.

Also, look at the cargo capacity. 2500kg towing a braked trailer, that's only 5,500 lbs. A significant reduction in towing capacity, which is the same rating for the gas version of the Hilux.

Mind, I'm not saying that I wouldn't buy a Diesel Hilux in a heart beat if they were available in North America, because I would. But it doesn't get 100% better fuel economy.