Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Tacoma Rumors

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Tahcoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Tahcoma's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Tacoma Rumors

I see the 2012 mega thread started in early 2011. So I'm surprise there hasn't been more speculation on 2013 yet. I know it's early for that but just wondering if any rumors are out there. I know there is always the perpetual rumor of a redesign.

As I'm about set to trade in for a new Taco. Just putting feelers out of any 2013 rumors have surfaced. Or at least when we can start to expect them to come out or if there is a big auto show to mark on the calendar to look for news.

Would it be fair to start speculating that if the rumor mill is extra tight that maybe Toyota is taking extra measure to keep a new design tightly wrapped up until its announced?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
yeah my guess is it'll be a few more years.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
X3
Old 05-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I don't see toyota giving the tacoma a facelift...then coming out with a major redesign the next year.
That's not the answer to start off the 2013 Tacoma Mega Speculation/Photo Shop Guess Work/I Heard From A Guy Thread.

Frank
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of light

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
i heard 2014 shall have the diesel...

if so I'm getting a 2014
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Well, at least we're calling all these posts what they are......rumors.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoftw View Post
i heard 2014 shall have the diesel...

if so I'm getting a 2014
That will never happen.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Well, at least we're calling all these posts what they are......solid hard facts, which you can take to the bank!
^FIXED^

Frank
Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Wait and see?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #13
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That will never happen.
Why not? Nissan is bringing a cummins diesel to the Titan. How do you know if it will happen?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
isnt the world supposed to end in December 2012 anyways?....
Old 05-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
The first Gen's had what, three face lifts on essentially the same remainder of the body and platform? I think that's all we are going to get out of them for a while. Maybe Dual VVT-i, but that is even pushing it.

But I did hear that 2013 would get a new larger body, the 5.7 V8, and and name change...here is a spy shot...

Old 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
Cowboybob is on a distinguished road
Cowboybob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
isnt the world supposed to end in December 2012 anyways?....
LOL!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
True...the new design is of Mayan Calander theme.
Stone wheels ftw
Old 05-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

x infinity
Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
That's not the answer to start off the 2013 Tacoma Mega Speculation/Photo Shop Guess Work/I Heard From A Guy Thread.

Frank
I heard from a friend of mine that his friend's coworker's uncles friend said that he heard that toyota might come out with their diesel in the US by 2099, and that in 2014 the 3rd gen TRD OR's will have 3 linked SFA's and canti rears
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of light

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That will never happen.
idk why..the hilux gets 38.7 mpg COMBINED

easily over 40mpg highway