1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any MGM owners paint stock sport wheels gun metal/anthracite

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tactical Tacoma, May 10, 2012.

1. Dec 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    No clear coat. I've done this to two sets of 17" sports wheels now (my '09 and my '12) and I didn't clear coat either and they came out great. Never chipped on me, and if they ever do, I can just touch up with a rattle can

Thanks for the info. I need to take off my pre-assembled by Toytech front OME shocks and springs, disassemble and paint. Although I planned on painting the shocks red, but if I do the shocks and springs red it may be too much. I might have to do the shocks black and the springs red.

PT904-35071-CC

2. Dec 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    By the way, did you sand the springs first and/or prime them first? I assume you used a high temp paint like caliper paint, is that correct?

3. Jun 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    cstallings

cstallings Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    SOS Front Bumper, SOS Sliders, SOS skids, ARB Rear Air Locker, OME Lift (885x Coils, Nitro Charger Shocks, Dakar Leafs), LR UCAs, Leer Shell, OKLED 30" light bar, Wet Okle Seat covers, etc, etc
    Awesome! Marking so I can find again

4. Jun 11, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    cstallings

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    SOS Front Bumper, SOS Sliders, SOS skids, ARB Rear Air Locker, OME Lift (885x Coils, Nitro Charger Shocks, Dakar Leafs), LR UCAs, Leer Shell, OKLED 30" light bar, Wet Okle Seat covers, etc, etc
    Edit....

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  5. Jun 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    cstallings

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Also, did you paint the trd caps or is that the color they came?

Products Discussed in

To Top