Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Yakima Q Towers

Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
justinitsuj is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
justinitsuj's Tacoma Gallery
Yakima Q Towers

has anyone had problems or know of anyone that did have problems regarding the yakima Q tower roof racks flying off their car or truck? any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
I've never heard of that happening. Just make sure you install things correctly.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard anything like this and I have been using Thule and Yakima racks for 20 years. I would imagine if there is failure it is operator error. Don't see how all four mounting points would have catastrophic failure.

Unless you are being literal... In that case, YES, I have seen one rack actually grow wings, but it took the car with it when it flew away!!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
justinitsuj is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
justinitsuj's Tacoma Gallery
hahahah! Thanks! Just trying to do research and been reading about peoples racks flying off with whatever they are carrying. Currently runnng yakima Q Towers and I've been seeing pics of peoples racks being mounted further back then the installation requires.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
MothAndRust is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MothAndRust's Tacoma Gallery
Mine slides all over. I had a yakima on my civic for years. The yakima seemed to work for 2 or three years and suddenly it slid around. Bought new pads, measured and reinstalled, and can't get it to work. Now I think, if I get it to work, will it start sliding when I've got a canoe on the highway going 70? I'm looking for something that locks down with screws or bolts. (Thule had a lousy rack for my civic years ago too.)