Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Sport vs Offroad

Old 07-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Speedway is on a distinguished road
Speedway's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport vs Offroad

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but, has anyone here spent significant time behind the wheel of both? What are your thoughts? I've driven both, but not long enough to make a real assessment.

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
off road pkg. locker = good shit
Old 07-21-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
TJOPILOT will become famous soon enough
TJOPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Both

Hey Speedway, I hate to sound dumb, but the only diff that I have ever heard about is the Offroad has the diff lock and the Sport has the hood and the color matched grill and rear bumper. They both come in 4X4 and stick so what specific differences are you looking for? I have the Offroad and love it but I should have gotten the Sport for the hood. I had to swap for it. Dude, you pretty much can't go wrong! I love my friggin toy!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #4
Speedway is on a distinguished road
Speedway's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=TJOPILOT;16702]Hey Speedway, I hate to sound dumb, but the only diff that I have ever heard about is the Offroad has the diff lock and the Sport has the hood and the color matched grill and rear bumper. They both come in 4X4 and stick so what specific differences are you looking for? I have the Offroad and love it but I should have gotten the Sport for the hood. I had to swap for it. Dude, you pretty much can't go wrong! I love my friggin toy!

I'm pretty familiar with all available options. Leaning toward the offroad with available VSC as it might not be bad come this winter, but concerned with the potential rough ride.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
smckeown is on a distinguished road
smckeown's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to get VSC installed by the dealer?

Inquiring minds want to know
Scott
Old 07-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think it is. We had trouble finding the truck i wanted. so i asked about getting a truck close to it and just adding the side airbags and vsc. they told me they cant do it there. unless its like an alarm or something.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
The ride should be very similar since they both use the same suspension. The off-road is tuned slightly differently to handle rougher terrain and the sport is tuned for street driving. another big difference is the wheels. I like the off-road wheels much better than the sport wheels, but thats just me.... I have the offroad and i love it, i don't have any complaints about the ride. everyone that rides with me comments on how smooth it is
Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
D_K is on a distinguished road

D_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
The ride should be very similar since they both use the same suspension. The off-road is tuned slightly differently to handle rougher terrain and the sport is tuned for street driving. another big difference is the wheels. I like the off-road wheels much better than the sport wheels, but thats just me.... I have the offroad and i love it, i don't have any complaints about the ride. everyone that rides with me comments on how smooth it is
I agree. I like the wheels on the off-road better, and I have to say I have not driven the sport, but I have no complaints about the ride of the off-road. As a matter of fact, I don't think it is that much different than the two wheel drive model other than the front is stiffer (not in a bad way) and feels more grounded and balanced than the 4x2. That's just my opinion.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
grounded is a very good way to put it, it feels more solid on the road than other trucks i've driven, it feels like it stick to the pavement better