Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Overhead Console....clips missing?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Overhead Console....clips missing?

Ok, showing my newbness here. I removed my ceiling console to install a garage door opener switch and now it will only stay in place from the one screw. There are two tabs that connect into the roof that appear to slide in, but aren't holding the console any more. I think maybe two metal clips were attached to this and fell out somehow? They must be up in the roof if that's the case cuz I don't see any laying around my truck.

Anyone know what these clips look like? Can I just get them at the dealer?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Overhead Console....clips missing?-20120513_115929.jpg   Overhead Console....clips missing?-20120513_115933.jpg  
Old 05-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The original clips were metal and attach to the peg that pushes up into the metal of the roof. The replacements you order from the dealer will be a yellow plastic. I have a pack of them in my garage at home. I'll try to find the part number when I get back.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, figured. Thanks. I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Tap on the metal where the clips fit they probably are stuck in the frame work they fall off when you take the panel down.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
TerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Terry
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
Tap on the metal where the clips fit they probably are stuck in the frame work they fall off when you take the panel down.
^^^ This. The couple of times I've had my console out, the clips fell off, but I found them in the framework just below and behind the slot they ordinarily fit into.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Finally took 2 minutes to search up above, sure enough both clips were in the headliner.

That kinda blows those things launch out like that when removing the console. Oh well, I also have two spares in case I truly lose them later - $3 at the dealer.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Great that you were able to find them AND get some spares from the dealer. Those clips are used in a few other places in the truck, including holding the radio panel into the dash.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
did you happen to get a part #? i have one missing in my overhead console and in my radio. those thing pop off when you take it apart and fall down inside the truck
Old 05-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
90084-46017