Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Backup Camera in Mirror AND Nav

Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #61
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Well software is one thing we can't get around without a dealer flash, which won't happen in a million years. I'm almost positive a simple 12v signal to 1 or more of the wires at the middle will trigger the display. It has to be that simple. I have a probe that can test to see if video is being supplied first before we cut anything. Then we need a wiring diagram from the FSM to see whig wires supply trigger, test those with the probe also until we find once missing. Then apply voltage, still without cutting or splicing anything, if it works then I build a quick easy relay setup or maybe just a simple jumper wire or toggle depending how its set up. Offer is still open to local member of you want to meet up on a not so hot day and we can make this happen. The tool that makes this easy to do and possible to test:

http://www.powerprobe.com/hook.php
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #62
Cowboybob is on a distinguished road
Cowboybob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
This is a little different then what the people here
are trying to accomplish, but is actually easier. We have to wait for a company to make an aftermarket video input for it. My guess is that the first company will be PAC. Once they make a video in for the base model touch screen, we can hook the camera right up

Exactly. Its not hard. Just need to tap the wires on their way to the head unit, and split them off and manually force them to connect to mirror or vice versa. I'm thinking that the camera image signal is being sent to both, but what it being changed it the reverse trigger that tells the screens to turn on/off. If thats all it is, then we just tap the reverse wire and run it to the camera or radio respectively. Its going to be simple. Just need something with the right tools and knowledge (which I have) and who also has a 2012+ to work on (which I dont).
I also have a '13 and this is exactly what I'm hoping for as well. Do you have any idea when a company may come out with a video input?

Has anyone pulled a base model touch screen to confirm whether or not there is already a video input?

If you are ever in OKC...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #63
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
No idea where OKC is but no it's not going to have a simple video input, its going to be some type of module that plugs inline with it and will force video I'm somehow. Usually take 1-2 years to R&D so probably sometime in the half near future I would imagine.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #66
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
even though it comes up on both in my truck, i never use the Headunit, i always use the mirror, the lines on it are helpful, plus when your backing up the mirror is easier to look at if you turn your head around to glance at.

also, if you trick camera to be switched to 'always on', you cant black out the display of your headunit. with the stock set up, you can switch to the backup cam on the HU and the display will be blacked out while driving at night, which is kind of nice for dark long highway drives.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #67
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Input of stock jbl entune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybob View Post
I also have a '13 and this is exactly what I'm hoping for as well. Do you have any idea when a company may come out with a video input?

Has anyone pulled a base model touch screen to confirm whether or not there is already a video input?

If you are ever in OKC...
There are 2 inputs on stock jbl entune head unit, look at my photos I had it out two days ago

http://s4.beta.photobucket.com/user/...oyota%20Tacoma
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #69
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
even though it comes up on both in my truck, i never use the Headunit, i always use the mirror, the lines on it are helpful, plus when your backing up the mirror is easier to look at if you turn your head around to glance at.

also, if you trick camera to be switched to 'always on', you cant black out the display of your headunit. with the stock set up, you can switch to the backup cam on the HU and the display will be blacked out while driving at night, which is kind of nice for dark long highway drives.

It comes up on both your dash, and the mirror? at the same time?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #70
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
There are 2 inputs on stock jbl entune head unit, look at my photos I had it out two days ago

http://s4.beta.photobucket.com/user/...oyota%20Tacoma
Those two pins in the white plug are for the AM/FM antenna inputs.

Here is the wiring diagram.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble9012 View Post
Those two pins in the white plug are for the AM/FM antenna inputs.

Here is the wiring diagram.
That is a great wiring diagram Dibble.

I know absolutely nothing about electronic connections, wiring diagrams, etc, but it looks like there is a connection for a camera input in the HU. Is that correct? If so, am I able to add a camera to my truck and plug it in to the terminals shown as input and ground and have the camera show up on my HU?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #72
Daddy4zack is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
Daddy4zack's Tacoma Gallery
I just want the image on the navi screen and not the mirror. I have the entune touch unit and only get the image on the mirror. 2013 seems like some kind of sequence of honking the horn three times while adjusting the mirrors while drinking a beer should be available .
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #73
Zonktified has a spectacular aura aboutZonktified has a spectacular aura about

Name: Rob
Zonktified's Tacoma Gallery
subd...
Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #74
Bk12 is on a distinguished road
Bk12's Tacoma Gallery
Rear view camera display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezist808 View Post
BUMP! I just found this thread and this is the best idea ever! Now I cant stop imagining how awesome it would be to hook up both display screen and rearview mirror to the back up camera. I dont have the entune nav, just the stock touch screen radio display screen that comes with the 2013 SR5 package. I really hope I can still have the back up camera display on it somehow along with the one I have in the rearview mirror.
I just got my 2013 double cab. It has the rear view cam displaying on the rear view mirror. It also has the stock touch screen radio w/blue tooth/phone. Does anybody know if its possible to use the display on the stock touch screen radio (no entune nav.) to display the rear view cam image? Is the display I have capable of this, because the toyota dealer told me if the truck had nav, it would be displaying on the touch screen. So my thinking is its a software issue, not the display itself??? I might be wrong??? I asked the dealer if its possible to connect the cam to the touch screen, and they said its not possible. I think it's possible in some way, but not at the dealer. :-).
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk12 View Post
I just got my 2013 double cab. It has the rear view cam displaying on the rear view mirror. It also has the stock touch screen radio w/blue tooth/phone. Does anybody know if its possible to use the display on the stock touch screen radio (no entune nav.) to display the rear view cam image? Is the display I have capable of this, because the toyota dealer told me if the truck had nav, it would be displaying on the touch screen. So my thinking is its a software issue, not the display itself??? I might be wrong??? I asked the dealer if its possible to connect the cam to the touch screen, and they said its not possible. I think it's possible in some way, but not at the dealer. :-).
Anxiously awaiting an answer to this for my 2013 with base model touch screen...
Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #76
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
It comes up on both your dash, and the mirror? at the same time?
Yes. But I don't have stock HU...

Old 10-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #77
Daddy4zack is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
Daddy4zack's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #78
sgrounds22 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Prior service - SSgt
sgrounds22's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #79
Bicycles and Beer is on a distinguished road

Bicycles and Beer's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed.. 2013 would like the camera display on the etune nav.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #80
conquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura about

conquistador's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 and it only displays the camera on the nav. It sucks I never use it. Too many places to look while trying to back up. It makes more sense having it in the rear view mirror