Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Backup Camera in Mirror AND Nav

Old 12-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #81
Daddy4zack is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
Daddy4zack's Tacoma Gallery
I hate it on the mirror. Takes up too much room and is too small.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #82
FAL guy is on a distinguished road
FAL guy's Tacoma Gallery
I am betting the Entune activation somehow bypasses the reverse trigger. If so, tying into the reverse trigger wire feeding the Entune should fire up the mirror display, if it has power.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #83
Anyone?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #84
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 and mine shows up on nav screen only. My goal is to wire it so i can flip on the one in the mirror anytime, even while driving.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #85
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
My brother in law has a 2013 with the JBL Entune and his shows up on the mirror. He wants it on the HU
Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #86
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
I test drove a '12 TRD Off Road before I bought the '13 TRD Off Road. The '12 had the display on the entune and the '13 has it on the mirror. I thought that it would have been on the entune but NO. I would like a choice although it works great in the mirror.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #87
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
I test drove a '12 TRD Off Road before I bought the '13 TRD Off Road. The '12 had the display on the entune and the '13 has it on the mirror. I thought that it would have been on the entune but NO. I would like a choice although it works great in the mirror.
I do not mind it on the screen, but my brother in law hates it on the mirror. Do not know why it switched from the 12 to the 13 like that
Old 01-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #88
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
As another member posted, if we can figure out the pattern and what is involved to switch from one to the other , that would be great.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #89
im going in for an oil change today.. im going to ask.. i hate it on the mirror..
Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #91
nimrod1 is on a distinguished road
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Toyota Tacoma Backup Camera Display Modification RelocateTo Display Radio

So I have done some work on this concept on a 2013 Limited and on a 2013 SR5. The Limited had a factory backup cam with the display in the rearview mirror and the SR5 did not come with a cam. Both trucks had the basic display audio radios. On the SR5 I was able to add an OEM Backup cam to the tailgate and plug it into the existing connector under the passenger side of the bumper. (Most of the Tacos I have come across are pre-wired) I then was able to grab the backup cam wiring harness at the other end right in front of the fuse box left of the steering column and splice into it there so I did not have to run the wires front from the back of the truck to the front.....it gets tricky here.....the stock display audio radio does not have the video input harness connector from the factory so you have to try and obtain one from a donor vehicle in order for this to work. I took the backup cam wires and built a jumper harness from it to the radio, used a connector that I was able to acquire, and now have a backup image on the stock radio. On the limited I was able to take the existing backup camera system and modify the same connectors to display the image at the radio, the rear view mirror, or both. Furthermore I can add a switch if I want to which will allow me to turn the camera display on or off at will. I am in the process of locating the empty connectors and pins so that I can build these adaptors and provide them to the marketplace. Hit me with questions and If I can answer them I will
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #92
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod1 View Post
So I have done some work on this concept on a 2013 Limited and on a 2013 SR5. The Limited had a factory backup cam with the display in the rearview mirror and the SR5 did not come with a cam. Both trucks had the basic display audio radios. On the SR5 I was able to add an OEM Backup cam to the tailgate and plug it into the existing connector under the passenger side of the bumper. (Most of the Tacos I have come across are pre-wired) I then was able to grab the backup cam wiring harness at the other end right in front of the fuse box left of the steering column and splice into it there so I did not have to run the wires front from the back of the truck to the front.....it gets tricky here.....the stock display audio radio does not have the video input harness connector from the factory so you have to try and obtain one from a donor vehicle in order for this to work. I took the backup cam wires and built a jumper harness from it to the radio, used a connector that I was able to acquire, and now have a backup image on the stock radio. On the limited I was able to take the existing backup camera system and modify the same connectors to display the image at the radio, the rear view mirror, or both. Furthermore I can add a switch if I want to which will allow me to turn the camera display on or off at will. I am in the process of locating the empty connectors and pins so that I can build these adaptors and provide them to the marketplace. Hit me with questions and If I can answer them I will
I want! Does this work with the entune system? I have entune and i pt displays on radioo, but i want image on either screen I choose and at will with a switch.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #93
TJ'sTOYCOMA

I like it on the screen but would like to install a switch
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #94
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would be interested in the version for the 2013 Limited with Entune and JBL
Old 04-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #95
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for the camera display kit for the nav screen.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #96
Bk12 is on a distinguished road
Bk12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My 2013 did not come with a camera, but it was factory pre-wired, so I purchased a rear view mirror with a display in it, rear camera, and it was just plug and play. Now I'm trying to show the image on the touch screen radio display, like you mentioned. My question is which wires/pins at the back of the radio should i connect the two video wires that go to the rear view mirror. Do I need to connect the power to the radio, or not because its already powered up.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #97
Bk12 is on a distinguished road
Bk12's Tacoma Gallery
My 2013 did not come with a camera, but it was factory pre-wired, so I purchased a rear view mirror with a display in it, rear camera, and it was just plug and play. Now I'm trying to show the image on the touch screen radio display, like you mentioned. My question is which wires/pins at the back of the radio should i connect the two video wires that go to the rear view mirror. Do I need to connect the power to the radio, or not because its already powered up.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #98
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
As long as your rear view mirror has a monitor in it then yes you can setup a switch to view it on either screen....it is not quite as simple as adding pins to a connector because the connector is not present at the back of the radio....only the socket for the connector is. You will need the connector and the pins that go in it for this to work
Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #99
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
Wow I got quite a few replies to my posting about this backup cam mod so Im trying to provide as much info on the thread as I can. I am still working through all of the different Tacoma models to figure out what limits if any there are with the modification. Obviously if you want to view the cam from both the rear view mirror and the radio then you will have to have both the rear view monitor mirror and the display audio radio. Then you will also need the connector housings, pins and wiring, switches if you want to go from screen to screen and of course all of the information to do the job. I have already sourced the connector and the pins that go to the back of the radio and now I am working on obtaining the connector and pins that plug into the junction in front of the fuse box where the camera and the rear view mirror wiring are located. This will eliminate the need to cut any wiring and will simply "T" in instead. So far it does not seem to matter if the Truck is equipped with JBL, Entune, or just the standard radio the wiring and process seems to be the same
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #100
Jt526 is on a distinguished road
Jt526's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow I got quite a few replies t...
Count me in for one, preferably with a stock looking switch or something to do HU/Mirror/Both.