LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Backup Camera in Mirror AND Nav

Old 04-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #101
nimrod1 is on a distinguished road
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for a cool switch to complete the modification for the back up cam....It appears that many of you would like to be able to switch from one screen to the other. Once I have compiled all of the parts I will build a prototype with a switch and tee harnesses to see if it truly can be plug and play.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #102
jaymay82 is on a distinguished road
jaymay82's Tacoma Gallery
any updates?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #103
TacomaAR is on a distinguished road
TacomaAR's Tacoma Gallery
Could you provide information where to get the factory connectors for the HU?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #104
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my 2013 and had no idea it was like this!! I have the JBL entune package...why is it not in the monitor like the 2012? Any updates on how to fix this?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #105
Adios is just really niceAdios is just really niceAdios is just really niceAdios is just really nice
Army: BAMF
Adios's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod1 View Post
So I have done some work on this concept on a 2013 Limited and on a 2013 SR5. The Limited had a factory backup cam with the display in the rearview mirror and the SR5 did not come with a cam. Both trucks had the basic display audio radios. On the SR5 I was able to add an OEM Backup cam to the tailgate and plug it into the existing connector under the passenger side of the bumper. (Most of the Tacos I have come across are pre-wired) I then was able to grab the backup cam wiring harness at the other end right in front of the fuse box left of the steering column and splice into it there so I did not have to run the wires front from the back of the truck to the front.....it gets tricky here.....the stock display audio radio does not have the video input harness connector from the factory so you have to try and obtain one from a donor vehicle in order for this to work. I took the backup cam wires and built a jumper harness from it to the radio, used a connector that I was able to acquire, and now have a backup image on the stock radio. On the limited I was able to take the existing backup camera system and modify the same connectors to display the image at the radio, the rear view mirror, or both. Furthermore I can add a switch if I want to which will allow me to turn the camera display on or off at will. I am in the process of locating the empty connectors and pins so that I can build these adaptors and provide them to the marketplace. Hit me with questions and If I can answer them I will

http://www.newunitedracetech.com/shop/
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #106
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
I have my back up cam in both my mirror and nav.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #107
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
when I had my 2012 there was a huge thread on why cant we have it in the mirror... how do we switch it to the mirror... now with 2013 everyone is asking why cant it be in the monitor...
ive had both, the mirror works the best in my opinion.. as you have to, or at least should be checking your mirrors as well as using the cam. when it is on the monitor you have to change your movements and field of vision to look down at the screen.. it isnt as user friendly.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #108
Does not suffer fools lightly
linzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud of

Name: Linzy
linzy77's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine in the mirror. I have driven several other trucks with it in the DIN and thought it was stupid. No way I'm looking there while backing up. Sorry I don't have that much faith in electronics and agree with other posts, your eyes should always be in rear-view and looking behind you while reversing. So the rear-view is perfect for me.

HOWEVER and I am looking to replace mine. I have the 13 TRD so It came factory but it is grainy as sh*t. Cant see an thing at night (When I need it most). I love that it is in the Rear-view mirror but the quality is LACKING.

I am looking at http://www.mo-co-so.com/28mm-Rear-Vi...-cam-25-nv.htm .

It has night vision Technology and is like 50 bucks.

Questions:
What kind of connectors does it have?
Will it still have the guides or is that built in the camera?
Also wondering if I can put a tail lock on with this thing?
If not where to mount .... hmmm.
I doubt it will fit anyways but anyone have the measurement of the tailgate hole?

If I get the new one I will sell the OEM one cheap.

BTW check out the other crap at that store. Very cool stuff.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #109
blackened302 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
blackened302's Tacoma Gallery
In case it helps anyone, I have a thread going on a kit from camera-source.com that connects their aftermarket, night vision camera to the 2013 non-JBL display:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-display.html
Old 12-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #110
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring diagram for the in-dash back up camera anyone?
Old 12-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #111
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
I just got my 2013 and had no idea it was like this!! I have the JBL entune package...why is it not in the monitor like the 2012? Any updates on how to fix this?

I agree , Id love to have it in the navi screen. Much bigger monitor, and it really messes me up when I look at the mirror and the camera LCD combined.

Id love to have my 2013 camera show in the navi unit
Old 12-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #112
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Toy85 View Post
I agree , Id love to have it in the navi screen. Much bigger monitor, and it really messes me up when I look at the mirror and the camera LCD combined.

Id love to have my 2013 camera show in the navi unit
For some reason they did that after 2012
Old 12-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #113
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
adding backup camera image to mirror on nav entune

If anyone out there wants to take a photo of the connections on the front of the fuse box on the lower dash I can probably figure out what it will take to add the image to the rearview mirror in these applications. It is an analog video signal and the connectors are right there....I have built harnesses to allow the viewing of the image on the base display radio and the rearview mirror, Im sure it is just a matter of a simple connection.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #114
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
I have a harness that allows you to relocate the camera image to the nav screen, or have it on both if you like. It is plug and play and very easy to do.....I can also custom build a harness to allow switching the image from one screen to the other or have the image on anytime not just in reverse. I also offer a direct fit aftermarket camera to replace the factory one. This will give you better image quality and also allow you to have the guidelines on the radio display which you will lose if you relocate the image to the radio. The camera also plugs right in at the tailgate....very cool
Old 12-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #115
Honey Badger Don't Care
AMG4LIFE is on a distinguished road

Name: Honey Badger
AMG4LIFE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a harness that allows you to relocate the camera image to the nav screen, or have it on both if you like. It is plug and play and very easy to do.....I can also custom build a harness to allow switching the image from one screen to the other or have the image on anytime not just in reverse. I also offer a direct fit aftermarket camera to replace the factory one. This will give you better image quality and also allow you to have the guidelines on the radio display which you will lose if you relocate the image to the radio. The camera also plugs right in at the tailgate....very cool

I have the 2012 with Entune and would like to be able to leave the screen on while driving, switch from dash to mirror or run both at the same time. I also would LOVE to be able to install a front camera and be able to toggle front to rear camera on the dash screen, is this possible?
Old 12-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #116
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
Quote:
What's the price on the harness?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #117
MacDougl is on a distinguished road
MacDougl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, what is the price and where to plug into? I have the display in my mirror and would like it in my Kenwood receiver.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #118
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
I sell them on eBay item # 161124706800 for 69.95 shipped regardless of the configuration. In other words whether you want to simply relocate the image to the radio, see it on both, add a switch to view full time,...etc. I would only charge more if you required multiple switches for various combination mods. I use all factory connectors and pins. There are several photos on the eBay listing. It basically plugs into a connector at the fuse box on the lower dash and runs up to radio and plugs in there
Old 12-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #119
jaymay82 is on a distinguished road
jaymay82's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one of these. The instructions were not clear and the one I had received, the wire was busted.

Nrod was kind enough to send out a new one, but that one arrived broken as well. Oh well, $70 bucks down the tubes.

I'm sure it worked out well for others, but after all the trouble, I'm content with having the video in the mirror.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #120
nimrod1's Tacoma Gallery
jaymay I tried to contact you several times after sending out the second harness....never heard back from you, good or bad. I would never want you to think that you just wasted 70.00....please contact me to straighten this out or I can refund you as well.... I would just need you to send back the harnesses.