Notices

Leveling kits

Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kits

Anyone have experience with these? Any pics of them installed with the new stance? 2012 pics prefered!!!

I am not going to be doing tires and wheels soon so with that being said would it look goofy?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
There is loads of info on here, hit up the search function.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kits are like push up bra's.

It's going to look better from a distance, but true enthusiasts are going to know better.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Leveling kits are like push up bra's.

It's going to look better from a distance, but true enthusiasts are going to know better.
True...but I only have so much $$$ so you gotta prioritize. My leveling kit cost me about $50.00 and I have no delusions that I'm ready to tackle any off-road situation. But, eventually I will be able to put the lift I want on (Toytec 3" OME lift) and be ready for more fun off-road.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
not to thread jack...but will a leveling kit make a stock suspension clear 285/70/17 sport wheels on an 09?
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
True...but I only have so much $$$ so you gotta prioritize. My leveling kit cost me about $50.00 and I have no delusions that I'm ready to tackle any off-road situation. But, eventually I will be able to put the lift I want on (Toytec 3" OME lift) and be ready for more fun off-road.
I hear you there man I am tight budget myself but I got lucky and got in on a group buy on my eibach springs. I think I paid $106 for them and they leveled out my truck nice after I got the rear leaf TSB.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100's at 1.75'' in front, Bilstein 5100's and TSB AAL in rear.

(Truck looks a little nose high in the picture, but I'm just parked on a slight incline, my setup levels almost perfectly)

Old 05-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #11
MarAgt will become famous soon enoughMarAgt will become famous soon enough
Marines: Master Sergeant (Ret)
MarAgt's Tacoma Gallery
Only problem with the kits that are based on or coupled with the AAL TSB is, is there is no AAL TSB for the '12's (at least yet).
Old 05-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
It's still just leafs and adding another to lift it. Nothing scientific about it. Better than a block and less iffy than using spacers to lift the front. Just get one with desired amount of lift.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #13
jd17usmc is on a distinguished road
Marines: 2nd squad leader, LS1 platoon, 2nd BTO, 4th CLB, 4th MLG
Name: jansen
jd17usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarAgt View Post
Only problem with the kits that are based on or coupled with the AAL TSB is, is there is no AAL TSB for the '12's (at least yet).
the add a leafs for the 11 wont fit a 12?