Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Earring in the vent.... Need suggestions.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Earring in the vent.... Need suggestions.

One of my wife's earrings went through the top windshield defroster vent and now when I make turns, it can be heard going from side to side in the vent. Any idea on how I can get it out? It is annoying as crap.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Shop vac necked down to a soda straw or long plastic tubing, depending on how far down it is.

It'll either stick to the end or get sucked in where you can retrieve it.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Just turn the truck upside down and shake it...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
I don't know, I think it is in pretty deep because when I am drivi g and turning, you can hear it going side to side.... I thought it sounded like a rock at first, but she told me she had set them up on the dash. I took the radio out and looked from side to side, but I couldn't see anything.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Just turn the truck upside down and shake it...
We used to joke about that being the Kawasaki factory procedure to remove the battery from a Vulcan 1600.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the vacuum. I dropped a small nut and washer down the vent. Macgyver'd some small diameter plastic tubing to the end of my shop vac with duct tape and fished it down the vent. Moved it around a while and sucked both of them into the shop vac.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #8
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Use double sided sticky tape wrapped around the sides of a few straws about one inch. Do not tape end. Stick the straws in the vents and leave it there. Drive around, turning until you don't hear it rolling around in there. Hopefully it will stick to one of the straws and you should be able to pull it up.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #9
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
What were you two doing that caused her to lose her earring up there???!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
small grabber tool(claw)
Mechanical fingers. Or you could probably access it from removing the glove compartment. Consult a n hvac diagram to see where you think you hear it.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Telescopic magnet
Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrugia View Post
Telescopic magnet
Only work on some metal objects. If they are gold then that won't work.

I like the shop vac idea.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
psshhhh, u still believe that the easter bunny lays eggs?

I actually missed that post
Me thinks earings got air born during in-car exercise activities...
Old 05-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #14
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrugia View Post
Telescopic magnet
Plus double sided tape
Old 05-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
grizquad is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
grizquad's Tacoma Gallery
Get boroscope and find where it is, then use the sticky straw or shop vac idea!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if an ear ring was lodged somewhere near my center console
Bought our condo from a nice Mormon couple.

Moved in, turned on the ceiling fan in the dining room.

Off from the top of the fan flies a very frilly crotchless g-string... definitely not standard issue Mormon underwear!