Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why are Tacomas so popular in Oregon\Washington State?

Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
notyerbrother is on a distinguished road
notyerbrother's Tacoma Gallery
Why are Tacomas so popular in Oregon\Washington State?

Hey Everyone,

New member with my first thread here. I just got back from a trip to Longview, Washington to see family. Beautiful area and really got to explore going all the way to Astoria, Oregon following the Columbia river. Being From Illinios I couldn't help but notice all the Tacomas. Very popular compared to Il. Any reason for this? It was nice to see though. Lots of modded up trucks.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Cause they're awesome! FTW!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Reliability and great resale value
Old 05-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
I am a Pearl in your Oyster
ill ay is on a distinguished road

ill ay's Tacoma Gallery
Pffft. Try HAWAII!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Have to agree seeing a Tacoma in IL is a not all that common let alone a modded on. I am in a suburb of Chicagoland. Maybe it is that democrats do not like tacoma's. I think the main reason is being raised the in area and how strong the union belief is here.

Try SoCal.

All the parts are always for sale in SoCal. That makes up for what you have to deal with living in the area in my eyes.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Because Oregon/Washington has less rednecks and morons who think your manhood is based on the size of your truck.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
They're not just popular there. Welcome aboard!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
a member
WhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
WhiteWiddow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post
I was born in Tacoma so it makes sense that I drive one.
Ditto
Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoLife08 View Post
They're smarter over there?
Bingo!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post
I was born in Tacoma so it makes sense that I drive one.
I lived in Tacoma for 2 years, and bought my Taco from Bruce Titus there
Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill ay View Post
Pffft. Try HAWAII!
X1000

Washington ain't nuthin compared to Hawaii.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum from Vermont
Tacomas are pretty popular here too.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
They are popular - It wasnt until I recently visited a few other states in the midwest and southeast that I realized how common they are here. Maybe there is less of the GM thumpers up here, and more educated consumers? That's a longshot guess.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
reastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to all
Name: Adam
reastiebeagle's Tacoma Gallery
You think Tacomas are popular here, you should see all the Subarus!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
07TaCo07 is on a distinguished road
07TaCo07's Tacoma Gallery
People in Oregon know what trucks kick ass
Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty popular up here in BC as well. Must be a pacific northwest thing.
-edit, sorry didnt look at the date. lol
Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #19
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Thread resurrected but yes they are quite popular here... This place is beautiful if I was 65 years old...

Can't wait to go back to CALI
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reastiebeagle View Post
You think Tacomas are popular here, you should see all the Subarus!
Agreed. We have one of each in the garage. Both reliable rigs.