Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Parking lights for 2007 Tacoma standard cab

Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
brianwilk is on a distinguished road
brianwilk's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Parking lights for 2007 Tacoma standard cab

just bought a 2007 toyotatacoma standard cab manual transmision and the parking lights are not working. I looked at the bulbs closer to the center and they are fine and the radio does light up when I put the lights in park mode. The bulbs that were above the L/R turns lights were burnt out and I replaced though it did not work either. I checked most all of the fuses that seemed relative to the lights with no success also. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
The only parking lights you have on the front are the small ones on the outside. You can make the turn signals to be parking lights but it takes some wiring. I did this to mine.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwilk View Post
just bought a 2007 toyotatacoma standard cab manual transmision and the parking lights are not working. I looked at the bulbs closer to the center and they are fine and the radio does light up when I put the lights in park mode. The bulbs that were above the L/R turns lights were burnt out and I replaced though it did not work either. I checked most all of the fuses that seemed relative to the lights with no success also. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian
Welcome to TW!

What exactly doesn't work? Your writeup is confusing to follow. Your radio should be lit up anyways and turning the parking lights on should dim the lights.

Looking at the front of the truck, with the light switch off, nothing should be lit up. When you turn the parking lights on, the markers at the outside of the headlights should turn on and the tail running lights should turn on. With the headlights on, the headlights should be on, the side marker lights and the tail lights. The center lights are turn signals only. They can be made into daytime running lights with the addition of a relay and some wiring.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
brianwilk is on a distinguished road
brianwilk's Tacoma Gallery
I found out the problem. the big orange lights in front towards the center are for the emergency lights and the one all the way the left/right are the parking lights. Seems a bit excessive to have those big ol' orange lights for emergancy lights but ok. Thanks for the resonses! :-)
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
dapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: David
dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
the big orange ones near the grill (parking lights) should light up when you turn the parking lights on. I am having issues with mine, they won't light up either.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapetik View Post
the big orange ones near the grill (parking lights) should light up when you turn the parking lights on. I am having issues with mine, they won't light up either.
The lights closest to the grille are your turn signals only unless your truck came with factory day time running lights. If your truck came with DTRL, then the lights closest to the grille would be lit up all the time.

The parking lights are the markers at the corner of the truck, furthest from the grille.