1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with rim selection and advice on colors?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nikker, May 16, 2012.

1. May 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    nikker

nikker [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi everyone, first post but been looking the last 2 months or so. I bought a 2012 dbl cab taco trd off road package and have been loving it! Use to have a 91 pickup for my first vehicle. Over the last few weeks I have added king shocks all around, deaver leaf pack as well as Total Chaos upper control arms and working on the stereo. Now that my ride is about 1.5' - 2" taller i would like to fill up some of that wheel well space but want some advice (would like to ditch the rugged trails as well.... these tires are junk IMHO!).

I have always been happy with BFG ATs and am considering going a size or two bigger than the stock 265/70/r16. MY question on tire size.... yes i have done a search and found lots but I have no one to talk to about my personal setup I would like some of your gurus advice. I was told by Kartek in Corona, CA that any size bigger and i would need an offset so my tire wouldnt rub on the UCA as well as the rear shock body (2.5" body). I believe the correct offset i need is 4?

I know if i go too big trimming is needed on the fender wells and cab mount but how big of tire requires this? I do wheel my truck (I downhill mountain bike and regularly see trails and fire roads on the weeked) so rubbing here and there is a no go for me. Should i stick to the stock tire size for BFG Ats or will a larger tire size gain in smoothness over the rough stuff? So far I have had no issues with VSC kicking in other than when it should (like not turning it off on the dirt trails)

My last question and Im hoping some of you could post pics is of your rims (16") that are black... I have seen some gold/bronze rims but not quiet sure if that will look right and havent found anyone that makes them that color. Orinigally thinking of Walker Evans in black but they are slightly pricey. Hopefully some good advice can be given my way. I'll try searching more but wont to be positive of my investment. Thanks in advice for any advice!

Products Discussed in

To Top