Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Grillcraft

Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
@ 757 Taco, I'm going to install tonight. I'll have a post install pic tonight or tomorrow. So far very impressed with the fit and finish of the grillcraft! Cutting out the center of the grill can be a PITA if you don't have optimal tools... All i had was a sawsall and a dremel with a high speed cutting wheel, got it cut out in a half hour but not as precise as I would like... Everything lined up and bolted in perfectly. Should be a simple swap with the old grill tonight, after I paint the rad and interior grill area black...

Cheers,
~M
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
Scotty Doesnt Know
scotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
scotty225's Tacoma Gallery
i have the upper and lower, i love the grill.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's an installed picture. Sorry for the phone camera quality... I went to the carwash and forgot i was going to paint the radiator and post grill area when I got home so that is still on the list to do but it doesn't look terrible without it painted. Also my horns are going to get re-located, they look stupid back there...

Cheers,
~M

Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
Scotty Doesnt Know
scotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
scotty225's Tacoma Gallery
it looks really good.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Here's an installed picture. Sorry for the phone camera quality... I went to the carwash and forgot i was going to paint the radiator and post grill area when I got home so that is still on the list to do but it doesn't look terrible without it painted. Also my horns are going to get re-located, they look stupid back there...

Cheers,
~M

Looks sweet man!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #27
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Just finished up my GCraft mesh. Sort of reviving a few month old thread but whatever.

Thought y'all would like to see what I did with mine.

Cheers,

Were did you get those emblems? at toyota they are like 80 bucks
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #28
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
Looks great, Ross. owned an '11 full grillcraft prior to my satoshi, and also on a previous dodge dakota. both were outstanding. Even Homertaco has attested to the finish on grillcrafts grills, which surpass a simple powdercoating and/or rattlecan finish as it has an almost "rubber"-like finish which is extremely durable. also, Jerry of grillcraft was terrific to deal with when i inquired about a scoop piece for the '11 model which they did not manufacture at the time, sending me small sheets of the same mesh, untouched of course, to assist in creating a scoop version of my own
that's really cool to hear, I had a great experience as well, and I'll be sticking with the product on any vehicle I have.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #29
PutterClutch

@552Jrider

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...311-90K00.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-71-72-73-...0750f6&vxp=mtr
Old 10-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #30
Pan704 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
Pan704's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered one of these the other day, columbus day sale at autoanything has them down to $161 with free shipping. How come every post I've seen with GC MX, people are cutting their grills when the ad says no cutting? I've accepted that cuts are going/need to be made, but curious to know how GC recommends install without cutting.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan704 View Post
Just ordered one of these the other day, columbus day sale at autoanything has them down to $161 with free shipping. How come every post I've seen with GC MX, people are cutting their grills when the ad says no cutting? I've accepted that cuts are going/need to be made, but curious to know how GC recommends install without cutting.

you have to cut. see OP. or this: http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/i...install_id=295

just installed mine last weekend:

Old 10-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #32
Pan704 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
Pan704's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
you have to cut. see OP. or this: http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/i...install_id=295
[/IMG]
Seen this, my question really is, was this meant to be installed on top of the existing grill? Is that why grillcraft says "no cutting required?" I just think its misleading to say no cutting but then give instructions that say here's how to cut out this whole chunk. I think it looks better cut out and thats how I will do mine but still misleading.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #33
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
i see what you're saying. i didn't know Grillcraft billed it as 'no cutting required'. i'm not sure if you can get the grill on without cutting. i did some test fitting before making cuts but don't recall whether the Grillcraft butts up against the existing Tacoma grill prior to cutting. Like you mentioned, it would definately look silly if you don't cut. Besides, where would your lights go?