Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Scanguage II Under the Tree!

Old 12-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
Scangauge II Under the Tree!

My wife got me a Scangauge II w/ Blend Mount for Christmas. Installation was pretty easy (took a couple hours). The hardest part was installing the blend mount. I had to make my own thinner shims and it took a while to get it to fit perfect, but in the end it looks great. Now I just need to read the book and figure out what everything means! If anyone has any cool scanguage secrets or codes, please let me know. Sorry the pictures suck, the sun was creating some big shaddows.
Attached Thumbnails
Scanguage II Under the Tree!-scan2.jpg   Scanguage II Under the Tree!-scan.jpg   Scanguage II Under the Tree!-img_2126.jpg  
Old 12-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
Added the HP Gauge

I justed added HP to the X-Gauge w/ the code from their website. I took it for a spin and floored it up a 7% grade hill in 5th and my max HP was 100 and while ideling about 5 HP. Can anyone explain to me under what scenario the 240 HP that this truck has is tested?
Old 12-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
looks good! is that a universal mount?
Old 12-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it is capable of giving you an actual hp reading in terms of the work your engine is doing (or delivering to the wheels), however, it might be able to tell you a percentage of available power or the power you are demanding (based on throttle position, fuel timing, etc.) (which it might learn over time). I don't have a scan gauge, so I do not know. Just my random thoughts.

-Corey

P.s. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
sweet man, wife "got" me one too!!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #6
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
What is that white thing on the window behind the scanguage in the second pic?

Murph
Old 12-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Scangauge is a cool mod to play with.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #8
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
What is that white thing on the window behind the scanguage in the second pic?

Murph
Probably something for turnpike/toll roads. instead of having to stop at every booth, you get one of those sensor things and theres a lane that you can just drive through and it will charge you automatically.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #9
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
we call it a fastrak here in san diego
Old 12-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
The white thing is a pass that lets me take a faster lane w/out stopping on E-470. It is basically a fast way for me to get to the airport.

And, my wife actually did buy me the scangauge! She heard me talk about it and new that I was on Tacomaworld all the time, so she got on TW and did a search and found out where to buy it!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
looks like it's sticking out pretty far in front of the mirror. Mine is flush with the mirror itself... hmm

Old 12-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
It does stick out far, but the viewing angle is perfect. I messed with every part and washer and mounting hole, and that is the best I could do. It looks like you may have a different mirror and you might not have the plastic peice that hides the wires routed up the headliner. That could be the difference.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #13
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoJ View Post
It does stick out far, but the viewing angle is perfect. I messed with every part and washer and mounting hole, and that is the best I could do. It looks like you may have a different mirror and you might not have the plastic peice that hides the wires routed up the headliner. That could be the difference.
That's true -- different mirror. I know that MGT sells to different diameter stalks for mounting depending on mirror type...

Looks good -- you'll love it