Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Did URD send me the wrong shifter?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Did URD send me the wrong shifter?

Well i just tried for an hour to make this shifter work, and its either physically impossible (because its the wrong shifter) or I am actually handicapped. Heres a picture of when they sent me. My truck is a 2011 Tacoma 4x4 and notice the "pre-05" instructions. Lets see who can solve this puzzle before my truck gets driven off a cliff
Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Well i just tried for an hour to make this shifter work, and its either physically impossible (because its the wrong shifter) or I am actually handicapped. Heres a picture of when they sent me. My truck is a 2011 Tacoma 4x4 and notice the "pre-05" instructions. Lets see who can solve this puzzle before my truck gets driven off a cliff
Umm just stating the obvious, but don't those install instructions say
Tacoma 95-04?? and you have a 2011
Old 05-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
Umm just stating the obvious, but don't those install instructions say
Tacoma 95-04?? and you have a 2011
thats what I thought but the invoice says 05-11, so I was just hoping they use the same instructions and ment to send them.....but Im guessing thats wrong now. I will call him tomorrow and see what he says
Old 05-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.gadgetonline.com/shifter.pdf
Old 05-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #7
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone else have any idea?
They are a vendor on here, just PM them. And did you get this from them, or did you get this one from the Marketplace?

Frank
Old 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #8

got it from URD. He emailed me today saying it was the right one but I beg to differ. I will attempt today again but this weekend has been total shit for installing stuff on the truck
Old 05-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Uncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clifford
Uncle Cliffy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure my plate is exactly like the one on the instructions. (Flat. No reliefs on the sides like your plate.)
Old 05-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Let me ask you this..you are saying it doesn't fit..what part of it is giving you the issue ? The spacer plate ? The actual shifter extension ? The little plastic end piece that doesn't like to come off ?
Old 05-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly doesn't fit? Does the spacer not line up or bolts don't go in or the sleeve doesn't fit on the end? I'm just asking because mine went in like a glove, absolutely no fitment issues, so if a part isn't lining up, you've got the wrong kit IMO
Old 05-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
fabjunkie is a name known to allfabjunkie is a name known to allfabjunkie is a name known to allfabjunkie is a name known to allfabjunkie is a name known to allfabjunkie is a name known to all
fabjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine looked like the one on the instructions, but it was for 4.0. I don't know if there is a difference for the 2.7.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
got it from URD. He emailed me today saying it was the right one but I beg to differ. I will attempt today again but this weekend has been total shit for installing stuff on the truck
I think you'll have to post some picture on here, so people can see what you're talking about.. or at least so URD can see the issue you have.

Frank
Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
Let me ask you this..you are saying it doesn't fit..what part of it is giving you the issue ? The spacer plate ? The actual shifter extension ? The little plastic end piece that doesn't like to come off ?
the extension is not fitting right and wont let the screws hold it in place.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
UBIQUE

Quote:
the extension is not fitting right and wont let the screws hold it in place.
Update?

Frank
Old 05-24-2012, 03:03 AM   #16

I didn't try again but apparently its the right shifter. With this and the DT header I bought not fitting I'm getting annoyed with the whole process so I'm not trying again for a little while
Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't try again but apparently its the right shifter. With this and the DT header I bought not fitting I'm getting annoyed with the whole process so I'm not trying again for a little while
Maybe you could take a pic or 2 during your install so we can see
exactly what doesn't line up. I'm sure people will be more helpful
to troubleshoot that way.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #18
whopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: wayne
whopper's Tacoma Gallery
i have the URD one and it fit good pain to install but fit great after i got it on
Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
Maybe you could take a pic or 2 during your install so we can see
exactly what doesn't line up. I'm sure people will be more helpful
to troubleshoot that way.
Im sure the shifter will be fine once I get another shot at it. I just thought with the wrong instructions and it not fitting together quickly that it might be the wrong one. The real problem is my DT header which is a piece of shit, made from a piece of shit company that has not done anything yet to help me
Old 05-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
i have the URD one and it fit good pain to install but fit great after i got it on
did your set screws hold the two side insert pieces in? Mine didnt seem to fit over the stock piece far enough to be able to hold them