Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Tuckaseetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Parhfinder
Name: Gary
Tuckaseetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
yes they do...
Oooo gotta get one for my wife!!!! It's a lot better than the Prius she already has!!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckaseetacoma View Post
I can ask cant I?

My old taco with the 22 r was easily modded for great mileage. And ride after the lift.

I just want help from all of the wise taco Jedi and other rednecks on here.
what is "redneck"???
Old 05-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #23
Well come on man go to west virginia or Virginia.
Look around for the guys who don't like Toyota . Race them in the mud . Take there money. Then drink shine with them til you pass out. If you wake up the next morn and still have your wallet but no beer , those are rednecks!

Or go to Kentucky and shine a light at a horse barn at night......... Naked guy runs out ! Yankee. If you Get shot at ... Redneck
Old 05-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow you are a tank half full kinda guy!
Thanks I thought it was a Prius. I'm gonna take it back and then get a Prius .

Do they make lifts for those? You have one don't you?
Don't be ridiculous... of course they don't make a lift kit for the Prius...

They do however make a pretty sweet lift for the smart car though
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well come on man go to west virginia or Virginia.
Look around for the guys who don't like Toyota . Race them in the mud . Take there money. Then drink shine with them til you pass out. If you wake up the next morn and still have your wallet but no beer , those are rednecks!

Or go to Kentucky and shine a light at a horse barn at night......... Naked guy runs out ! Yankee. If you Get shot at ... Redneck
Careful man... there are rednecks anywhere you go. They might speak with different accents but they all pull the same stupid antics and I promise you that none of them involve naked men and farm animals... Those are the village idiots, there is a BIG difference and they are NOT to be confused.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #26
Oh. I guess I'll have to get rid of my horse!
My family is al from ky, tn va wv ar and tx. So I can make fun. If some one does something stupid , they are probably my kin!!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #27

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh. I guess I'll have to get rid of my horse!
My family is al from ky, tn va wv ar and tx. So I can make fun. If some one does something stupid , they are probably my kin!!
Oh, don't get me wrong, I wasn't offended about the doing something stupid... I'm an upstate NY redneck and I took offense to the farm animal bit!

I live in VA for a while also and I fit right in with the good ol boys down there which proves my theory... there are rednecks everywhere you go and they're pretty much all the same, they just talk funny in certain parts of the US.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
Since I have some ome fans attn. when I go to bigger tires should I change the gear ? And is this gonna flop the trac control for when the wife drives it in snow?

Also what blower do you have????

I've had a few on dirt track and mud trucks but never a yota?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #29
Walter ried??if so I did time there too. Little mortar shel and me had a disagreement!!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #30

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Since I have some ome fans attn. when I go to bigger tires should I change the gear ? And is this gonna flop the trac control for when the wife drives it in snow?

Also what blower do you have????

I've had a few on dirt track and mud trucks but never a yota?
Depends on how tall you go. If you keep the tires somewhat responsible, like 285's, then you'll be fine with your stock gears. You will need to have the dealership to reset your ECU for the taller tires otherwise your skid control will start acting up (even on dry roads it will act up so make sure you do that shortly after you get taller tires).

For blowers, check out the TRD or Underdog Racing Development. I don't have a blower but both seem to have their pros/cons.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Depends on how tall you go. If you keep the tires somewhat responsible, like 285's, then you'll be fine with your stock gears. You will need to have the dealership to reset your ECU for the taller tires otherwise your skid control will start acting up (even on dry roads it will act up so make sure you do that shortly after you get taller tires).

For blowers, check out the TRD or Underdog Racing Development. I don't have a blower but both seem to have their pros/cons.
Ok great looked em up ... Lotta money , I might just go slower instead.

Have cash now !!!
Who is the cheapest and best to buy my ome front end parts from an what all should I get.
Because I'm going with bull bar and winch I think I should go 886 not 885 . But the winch won't be till August ...
Trim packers ,diff drop , uca's later , blinker fluid
What brand and who?
Oh im in the market for a new floor jack too

Gary
" I was once asked what I felt when fighting terrorists, I replied " only a slight recoil"
Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #32

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok great looked em up ... Lotta money , I might just go slower instead.

Have cash now !!!
Who is the cheapest and best to buy my ome front end parts from an what all should I get.
Because I'm going with bull bar and winch I think I should go 886 not 885 . But the winch won't be till August ...
Trim packers ,diff drop , uca's later , blinker fluid
What brand and who?
Oh im in the market for a new floor jack too

Gary
" I was once asked what I felt when fighting terrorists, I replied " only a slight recoil"
Downsouth Motorsports is probably the cheapest. They don't have OME stuff on their website but I'm 99% sure they carry it.

If you go with 886's, make sure you put some weight on the front end fairly quickly. It'll ride like a dump truck unloaded.

I'd only put the diff drop in as a last resort as in, you're chasing frotn end vibes that you can't fix. The diff drop doesn't really do anything, it rotates the differential rather than drop it.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #33
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered the OME kit from toytec. IT beat out wheelers offroad due to shipping and coil assembly.

Dont know about midsouth.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #34
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Lets get some reality up in here...

OME is not a better ride than stock. I have OME 885x and the older OME shocks up front and OME shocks in rear. The ride was better stock. New OME nitrochargers are even stiffer. Now they are much more capable but we are talking ride comfort... which is worse than stock. Not much worse but certainly not better.

Next milage... with 285s I went from 21-24 highway to 16-17 highway. From average per tank of gas... 17 to 13. That is a huge drop. You will absoloutely need gears if you go to a 285. A supercharger with mandatory premium gas is capable of MAYBE .5 mpg boost. Still it will kill milage over 2000 rpm which is any speed over 55 in higway and anything other than driving like grandma on street. Average is 1 mpg LOSS with a SC. I have a friend with a TRD supercharger on 35s with a drop bracket lift. Even with regearing and a supercharger you will have worse than stock milage.

LIFT PLUS TIRES = BAD FUEL ECONOMY

I got my OME stuff from DSM. Their Desert Products UCA was also great.

Extra stuff needed? BAMF cab mount chop plates to clear front. Allpro axle relocation plates to clear rear. Noone ever mentions those but they are ESSENTIAL if you wheel. I have NOT needed new brake lines which everyone seems to suggest.

Do your cab mount chop, pinch weld hammering, and plastic trimming BEFORE the lift. You will want the wheel removed to do the work. Do the axle relocation plate with rear spring install.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #35
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
100% true

885x's , and Nitrocharger Sport 90000 shocks are a stiffer ride than the stock coils / bilstein shocks

Add the Dakars and the rear stiffens even more
Old 05-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #36
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
what is "redneck"???
<----

Quote:

as for shops to order from, if you call them, ask if they offer a discount for tacoma world members. I think toytec does 10% off. Also check out the groub buy section and see if there are any current discounts going on.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #37
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and I got the trim packer and carrier bearing drop from OME. The trim packer goes UNDER the drivers coil. Sand the inside before install or it will scrape yellow off the shock.

I got Desert Products UCA. It is the same bushings, added caster, and stainless uniball as total chaos but a stronger boxed construction and lower price. Highly reccomended.

The carrier drop is not getting installed till I put the axle relocation plate on. The Tacoma has the rear tire hit the front of the rear wheel well under compression. Move it back 3/4" or suffer a ripped off fender flare like me. I now have to pay for flare repair or a new flare.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #38
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Spindles.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #39
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Spindles.
derp
Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #40
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
derp
Haha. I never recommend them since I always forget. I saw my chance and boom went the dynamite.