Notices

3 to 4 inch lift, OEM is my start

Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Tuckaseetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Parhfinder
Name: Gary
Tuckaseetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
3 to 4 inch lift, OEM is my start

I want 3 to 4 inches of lift, stock ride or as close as I can get. Great highway performance. Good towing. Want to go with OEM kit and arb front bull bar bumper and winch. 275 75. 16 or bigger.
Any good advice with actual experience would be awesome. Other than the kit what else do I need :I.e. uca's, extended brake lines... Ect

Also want better mileage and more horses under good.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I think you mean OME

You will get 3" from 886 coils , they are designed to carry the weight of the ARB bumper , OME shocks and Dakars for the rear

If you offroad and flex a lot you should consider extended rear brake lines

At 3" you should get UCA's
Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I think you mean OME

You will get 3" from 886 coils , they are designed to carry the weight of the ARB bumper , OME shocks and Dakars for the rear

Old 05-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
^ This and you won't get better gas mileage. It's a truck and your talking about lifting it and putting a ton of weight on it. If you want better mileage leave your truck stock or buy a car. Basically your saying you want a lift, heavy ass bumper and a winch but want more power, better gas mileage and better ride? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. lol
Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
^ This and you won't get better gas mileage. It's a truck and your talking about lifting it and putting a ton of weight on it. If you want better mileage leave your truck stock or buy a car. Basically your saying you want a lift, heavy ass bumper and a winch but want more power, better gas mileage and better ride? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. lol
x2
Old 05-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So put a blower on it... More power, better fuel economy if you can keep your foot out of it on the highway and the OME kit rides better than stock. Looks like retarded just became reality...
Old 05-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of asking what lift looks best, then what tires will fit, and then what you can drive on, perhaps reverse the order.

What do you need to be able to drive on?
Now, what tires and size offer the best performance for that terrain
Finally, what lift will fit the tires I need and the terrain I drive on.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I think you mean OME

^^This^^
Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckaseetacoma View Post
I Great highway performance. Good towing.
Also want better mileage and more horses under good.
no such thing as a free lunch. you gotta give up something.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
So put a blower on it... More power, better fuel economy if you can keep your foot out of it on the highway and the OME kit rides better than stock. Looks like retarded just became reality...
Yea because we all buy superchargers and drive like its not there.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea because we all buy superchargers and drive like its not there.
Hey, I put the disclaimer out there... I was just saying it's possible but if you can throw on a $5k supercharger and refrain from stomping on the skinny pedal just to hear that sexy whine, you're a better man than me
Old 05-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
^^This^^
everytime there is a thread on OME, the alaskan canadian and OZ-t show up.....i dont have anything else to say
Old 05-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
everytime there is a thread on OME, the alaskan canadian and OZ-t show up.....i dont have anything else to say
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
Well I don't care what it looks like. Didn't ask that . Already know what tires I want . I posted the size. Terrain is mud and one ditch that's rocky I have to cross to get to a great deer stand. Its about 7 ft across and three to four feet deep rutted .sometimes dry sometimes wet. Loose rock. That's why the horsepower questions. Mileage is an issue for any one. Any bump up in those numbers help
Old 05-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
jwj202 is a glorious beacon of lightjwj202 is a glorious beacon of lightjwj202 is a glorious beacon of lightjwj202 is a glorious beacon of lightjwj202 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Joey
jwj202's Tacoma Gallery
if you dont put the top plate spacer on with this kit and just a standard 2" AAL wont that give you just 2.5 inches of lift and you wont need new UCA's?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
Quote:
Wow you are a tank half full kinda guy!
Thanks I thought it was a Prius. I'm gonna take it back and then get a Prius .

Do they make lifts for those? You have one don't you?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You will get worse mileage with a lift , goes with the territory
Old 05-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
.45%er

Army:
Quote:

yes they do...
Old 05-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
no such thing as a free lunch. you gotta give up something.
I can ask cant I?

My old taco with the 22 r was easily modded for great mileage. And ride after the lift.

I just want help from all of the wise taco Jedi and other rednecks on here.