Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma With Diesel Engine Petition. Sign up now!

View Poll Results: Toyota Trucks with Diesel Engine Option(s)
Short bed double cab Taco 769 60.69%
Long bed double cab Taco 594 46.88%
Accesscab 496 39.15%
4Runner 287 22.65%
FJ Cruiser 277 21.86%
Straight front axle 359 28.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomriding View Post
Yes but diesel engines are typically way more fuel efficient
With less cost in refining , probably a saw off
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #22
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
single cab if I had to choose, but I wouldn't buy one unless it was similarly priced to the gas model which it wouldn't be.

Plus it will never happen because of our retarded government.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #24
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
with all the new smog equipment required on diesels there would be a huge price increase for a diesel option
Old 05-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #25
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I vote supercharged big block V8
Old 05-22-2012, 03:24 AM   #26
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
A while back I went to a truck show and seen a 2nd gen with a diesel engine dropped in it. They ran it and have some demonstrations with it. It was pretty sweet to see a taco throw a plume of smoke and haul a huge as 3rd wheel trailer. The spectators where told that it was a partnership company with yota to manufacture these "diesel" tacos".

Even better was that these will be hitting showrooms late 2013.

Here are some pics of said engine in the 2nd gen taco.

http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//...581ea096db.jpg
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #27
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Here we go again.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #29
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota has no financial incentive to put in a diesel on a vehicle like the Tacoma. For starters, it will not be cheap to retool. The increase in reveneue from any sales will be marginal at best and it certainly will not compensate for the cost of retooling. It will also require fighting with EPA regulators and having additional taxes and fees levied. Last but not least, diesel will give you better gas mileage but the cost of diesel continues to skyrocket as the price for regular petrol remains pretty flat. This is not going to change. One of the biggest sellings points is negated by the fact that a gallon of diesel is going to be hovering around $5 a gallon pretty soon.

A short while ago, Toyota announced they were going to put in a diesel on the Tundra then withdrew the plans six months later. They realized it was not worth it and would be a liability in the US market. It doesn't matter what happens in the Euro market. In North America, diesels will pretty much always be the territory of fullsize Heavy Duty pickups. A diesel on a Taco? Forget about it.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #30
Peru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud of

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
to be hones id rather a turbo diesel in the tacoma than the Hilux -- i was not impressed when i checked one out on the show-room floor

for toughness and durability id rather something like this

http://www.brian894x4.com/LCBandeirante.html
Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #31
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomriding View Post
Looks like a petition was created back 9/2010 in which they had almost 3k signers. Guess the oil industry tycoons want to keep us enslaved to buying gasoline for our inefficient gas guzzlers.
3k signers is hardly anything they're not going to bring a diesel engine here over that.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #32
yotafirefighter is on a distinguished road

yotafirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
A diesel engine would be the best thing to put in a tacoma, more power, better towing, and better mpg.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #33
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Again??? REALLY? Let it go! Where is the poll option to stfu about a diesel engine???
Old 05-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
A while back I went to a truck show and seen a 2nd gen with a diesel engine dropped in it. They ran it and have some demonstrations with it. It was pretty sweet to see a taco throw a plume of smoke and haul a huge as 3rd wheel trailer. The spectators where told that it was a partnership company with yota to manufacture these "diesel" tacos".

Even better was that these will be hitting showrooms late 2013.

Here are some pics of said engine in the 2nd gen taco.

http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//...581ea096db.jpg
AWWWWWW...you're a dick. I was doubting the picture too, then I click the link, yep, no picture
Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #35
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Doesn't the oil industry make diesel too ?

SUPER GENIUS!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #36
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumps View Post
Toyota has no financial incentive to put in a diesel on a vehicle like the Tacoma. For starters, it will not be cheap to retool. The increase in reveneue from any sales will be marginal at best and it certainly will not compensate for the cost of retooling. It will also require fighting with EPA regulators and having additional taxes and fees levied. Last but not least, diesel will give you better gas mileage but the cost of diesel continues to skyrocket as the price for regular petrol remains pretty flat. This is not going to change. One of the biggest sellings points is negated by the fact that a gallon of diesel is going to be hovering around $5 a gallon pretty soon.

A short while ago, Toyota announced they were going to put in a diesel on the Tundra then withdrew the plans six months later. They realized it was not worth it and would be a liability in the US market. It doesn't matter what happens in the Euro market. In North America, diesels will pretty much always be the territory of fullsize Heavy Duty pickups. A diesel on a Taco? Forget about it.
i don't care i still want one. when i pay my truck off its going to diesel toyz in tx unless toyota finally gets smart and brings that awesome d4d here.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #37
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Again??? REALLY? Let it go! Where is the poll option to stfu about a diesel engine???
why click on the thread?
you know what its about...
just saying
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i don't care i still want one. when i pay my truck off its going to diesel toyz in tx unless toyota finally gets smart and brings that awesome d4d here.
I'm with you.
I've considered finding a high mileage 2nd gen on the cheap & sending it out to DieselToys for the D4D/Biodiesel conversion.

I'm enjoying my '12 too much right now though
Old 05-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #39
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorpilot View Post
why click on the thread?
you know what its about...
just saying
To let people know how I feel about the topic, maybe I'll start a petition.... I'll add a poll too, maybe, just maybe if I can get 3000 people to sign my petition people will either 1: Search and see how many times this topic has been beat to death, or 2: Get put in time out for wasting server space on this... It's all a conspiracy I tell you!