Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fuse Block location for 2 auxillary power outlets

Old 05-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Fuse Block location for 2 auxillary power outlets

Hello Forum,

I'm sorry if I did not explain myself correctly on the previous post but I want to add 2 auxillary power outlets like the one pictured here: (photo courtesy of Pep Boys website)

I want to install 2 of these on the rear plastic panel behind the center console of my 2008 Prerunner Double Cab.

I used a test light to check the empty slots in the interior fuse block under the dash to the left of the steering column. I noticed that there is power geting to one of the empty slots. Even though the original 2 front outlets have been modded to have power ALL THE TIME, it's OK with me to just have power to the 2 that I am adding ONLY WHEN THE KEY IS ON. But, is it safe for me to use this power source? I plan to use an add-a-fuse wire kit in that slot. refer to pic below: (photo courtesy of Janster from this forum)

Or, can I use an add-a-fuse in the existing cigarette lighter slot & install 2 15 amp fuses there? Will this overload that slot? This way all four outlets will be hot. Excuse me if some of this sounds dumb but I have very limited electrical knowledge.

I plan to do this this Sunday so any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.